5 • virus •

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." - Vincent van Gogh

** 5 • virus •

  Another automated voice came over the radio, "Warning. Warning. Plano, Texas.. take cover now. The water is coming in quickly. The flood alarm is now taking place. Warning. Warning. Plano, Texas.. take cover now cont.."

**

  "You need to eat something, Kendra." Lola puts a french fry in front of my mouth, "just this one fry, and I'll be happy."

  "I can't." I sigh, "I can't stop thinking about how our town will be underwater soon."

  "I can't believe that they're making us come to school even though we'll be submerged sooner or later." Dara places his lunch tray next to mine.

  Oh and Emily is back at our table. This girl won't leave us alone.

  "Well, I think we still need an education. What if the water stops rising before it gets to us?" Emily sips her juice.

  "Um, I'll take the comfort of my home when the water comes and those people with the virus." Dara shakes his head.

  "What virus?" Lola asks, confused. "Oh my god, the mal di mare virus, Lola. Haven't you heard about it?" Emily rolls her eyes.

   I ignore Emily and explain what it is, "Basically, it's a contagious virus called the mal di mare that started when the water first started to rise. People who have it have sea sickness, vomit alot, bumps on their face, and they have blue skin."

  "I also heard that it's very painful." Dara chimes in. I nod my head in agreement and Lola shivers. "Gross."

---

Published: 2.27.2020
Edited:

lol i need to make these longer 😂

comment, follow and vote 💙

- violet

---