Episode IV

Anakin joined his class, half of which was Slytherin and the other half Gryffindor, outside for a class named Flying. He couldn't help but glare at the red and yellow ties they wore, wondering why the Jedi Masters had made it into that house.

Still, Anakin's dark robes looked better than the uniforms the wizards and witches wore. The long boots he had been given were superior to their simple shoes, leather and almost reaching his knees. Jedi's always had style.

Professor Hooch told them to raise their broomsticks and Anakin frowned. Flying was not to be done on these wooden sticks, but in a ship. He imaged Master Kenobi whooshing through space on one of these brooms and laughed under his breath.

While the rest of his class called "UP!" as loudly as they could, Anakin studied them. One boy -  the one everyone seemed interested in, named Harry Potter - managed to get the broom into his hand on the first turn. He looked proud, his face twisted into a smile.

Staring at Potter and making sure they held eye-contact, Anakin held out his hand and without  needing to utter a word, the broom sprung into his grasp. Anakin enjoyed stealing this stranger's moment of fame.

One of the other Gryffindors had an incident with their broom - Anakin was too busy thinking of Padmé to actually see what happened - and the professor left to take him to the hospital wing.

"Think your fast, Potter?" Draco challenged, "I bet I can reach the end of the field before you even get your feet off the ground!"

Potter looked uncertain, but with the encouragement of his red-headed friend, he lined himself up with Draco at a make-shift start line. This is where the fun begins, Anakin thought. He didn't bother to line up with the others, but simply mounted his broom behind the pair.

"Don't, Harry," a girl with wild hair said, stepping out from the crowd. "Please, Harry, don't. I've got a bad feeling about this."

When the race started, Anakin let the others get ahead. In his legendary pod-race win at the age of nine, he had been left at the start line and still bested the rest of the racers. Podracing had been difficult, a real challenge. This flying on broomstick nonsense was easy.

Anakin shot past the two childish boys, reached the edge of the field, turned and crossed the finish line. He resisted the urge to push Pottery and Draco from their brooms. Just as he landed and climbed off his broom, Hooch returned.

With one look at what the other boys were doing she called them back to the ground. Anakin was pleased to see neither of them had made it to the other end of the field. These boys were amateurs, nothing compared to him!

Hooch exploded, her loud voice carrying across the grassy pitch and beyond. Done with the two boys, she was about to announce the end of their class when the girl with bushy hair spoke up. She pointed a small finger at Anakin.

"He was flying too!" she said.

The professor turned to Anakin. He could feel his blood boiling within his veins, his anger rising. 

"You turned her against me!" he called, pacing.

Thanks to the intervention of the bushy-haired girl, Anakin was punished along Draco. Potter had been collected by the Gryffindor Head of House and whisked away, evading the second round of Hooch's lecture.

Anakin waited for Obi-Wan to collect him in the same manner, but no one came. Feeling betrayed, he sulked from the field and headed to his next class.