Chapter 3

((Sorry for the long wait! I know it's been a while but here's chapter 3 of "A Gypsy Is A Gypsy" ^_^))

Day 19: Sunday

Two days after my mother and Amaris' kidnapping. Though I was worried for their safety I couldn't help but focus on Peter and what his mother had said to me.
"Dessie, you and Peter, you two are alike. I want you to be with my son, he's a little hard to crack open but now that he knows he's not alone, maybe he'll open up to you. Please try to make him fall for you ok?" All I could do is nod in agreement.
Peter and his mom allowed me to stay at their place for now. I slept in Peter's room while he slept on the couch, such a gentleman. It was awkward there for a while, but soon I got used to it. Yes they had many weird customs but I actually enjoy the stories and legends they would tell me. I already felt at home.
"Hey Des," I loved when he called me that, "You're still in school right?" "Yeah I was in Junior classes but I should be a senior." "Well we should get you enrolled now shouldn't we?" He did that small smile that always sent my heart in flames. I don't know what it was about him but I loved every bit of it. From his perfect body to sweet personality, I was madly in love with him. As soon as I met him, I was hooked on him like a leech. "But I don't have the money for the enrollment fees?" "Leave that to me sweet cheeks." Sweet cheeks? I was never called that before. It was an unusual feeling, but I accepted it anyway. The most I could do was blush and nod a shy yes. I don't know if he knew I liked him, it seemed like it but I can't be sure. I hope he did, but I also hope he didn't.

Day 22: Wednesday

My first day at Hemlock High, well that's what Peter called it anyway. I was nervous and anxious, especially over the thought of Peter knowing I liked him. He walked with me to and from school, when he had the car he'd drive me, take me out for lunch every now and then, and walk with me to the classes we had together. We talked constantly, I almost forgot about my mother and Amaris to be honest.
Today Peter had the car, so after school he took me out for coffee and a snack. After a small discussion over today's events at school, I began to ask him about the murders I've "been hearing about". Good thing he still doesn't know I overheard his mom and him talking that day. "It's been recorded as an animal attack, but nothing has led to any matching D.N.A. records. So far, there are no leads." "Do you think whoever, or whatever, it is has my mother and Amaris?" "I can't say for sure", he said sadly. Seeing my face turn sad he quickly changed the topic. "Hey Des?" "Yeah?" "I was wondering since the school dance is next week I thought we could go out for a run?" He asked, but more shy than normal. Does he like me? I doubt it, why would someone like him love a random chick he doesn't even know? Especially one like me. "I'd love to." I said with a sweet smile. He blushed a bit and tried to hide it. He was so cute. I think I am in love with him. No, I've imprinted on him. I don't know what to do...