Chapter 2

Day 11: Sunday

After moving all of Amary's things into the house and packing up all of the unimportant stuff, we begin preparing for the party this weekend.

"Hey baby?" She called to me. "Yeah?" I called back. "About this party, I think we should tell everyone about, well about us. I want them to know before we go." "Alright. I'll make it as an announcement before the final dance by asking you to dance spotlight with me." She squealed and hugged me tight. "You're so good to me babe! I love you!" I hugged her back, kissed her cheek, and whispered I love you back. "Now what song should we dance to?" Silence took over for a minute before she exclaimed, "Your Guardian Angel!" I looked to her, "By The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus?" "The very same!" She smiled and exclaimed. I chucked and replied, "Alright, if my baby wants it my baby gets it!" She squealed and hugged me. "Thank you Dessie!!!" "Haha, you're welcome baby!"

Day 13: Tuesday

I awoke to the sound of the alarm clock. I stumbled out of bed fallowed by another failed attempt courtesy of Amaris. After half-dead teeth brushing and reenacting a zombie getting dressed, we finally stumble down to breakfast. We scarf down the food and make our way for the bus.

At the stop we yawn and stretch. "Ahh... Looks like it's four more days left huh? That makes another ten days until the move, you scared?" I looked to her, smirking teasingly. "Ha ha." She said sarcastically. "I think I can handle something as small as a move. Still I am a little nervous..." "Don't be. I promise everything will be fine. We'll move in, get unpacked, then a few more weeks of school and bam! It's summer break. We just gotta wait it out." She smiled showing her reassurance. "Dessie I'm glad I have you." She hugged me tightly as the bus pulled up.

Later that day, I was in class when my phone went off. "Dessie just wanted to let you know that I won't be home later on, I have to meet with my real estate agent to discuss housing concerns. I'll leave you 30 for dinner, just don't blow it all on pot ok?

-Mom"

Well guess that's that then.

After school I met up with Amary and texted my dealer. "We got $10 for pot, maybe we'll get a few booze and just drug out." I chuckled happily. "Yeah sure, if you know anyone who'd get us some." "Uh.. Hello?" I waved my friend, Alex's, number in front of her face. "Don't forget he may be a senior but he's 22!" She giggled "I think you mean super senior!" "Super what?" We turned around surprised. Lucky enough he was standing right behind us. "Alex good you're here, I need some booze for tonight. Can you hook us up?" He smirked. I knew what his answer would be right away. "Yeah I'll get ya some booze. On one condition, you and me go on a date tomorrow night?" I sighed heavily and turned my head to Amaris. She nodded back and I replied, "Look I was gonna wait until the party but you know what I'm not doing this. I'm dating Amaris ok? So I won't be going on no date and if that's the only way you'll get booze then no thanks." I swear his jaw dropped ten feet below the earth that moment. "You... And Amaris? Dating!?" "Yeah, so we'd still like booze but I will not date you." That evil ass smirk came back. "Well what if you let me watch?" "Watch?" "Yeah you know, when you two get it on let me be there. Deal?" She looked to me and I looked to her. Her face read yeah but her heart said no. I was always good at reading a person's true feelings. And I could tell she only wanted to say yes cause I wanted the booze. I quickly turned to him and said, "Thanks but no thanks Alex. For once I'll pass." I grabbed her hand and headed for home. Once we were a while away she finally spoke, "Dessie why'd you do that? I thought you wanted liquor?" Amaris didn't know about my ability. So I continued to keep it a secret. "I thought it was best if we left, promise me if he ever tries to talk to you again you'll ignore him ok?" Her face quickly turned from confused to worried. I was so afraid of telling her cause now that we're dating I'll know all her secrets, anything she does, anything she feels, I'll know. And I don't think she's ready for that kind of stress yet. "I promise." She huffed out. I smiled and hugged her "Good, I don't wanna kill anyone... Yet anyway." We laughed and continued on home.

Day 17: Friday

With the move and the party quickly emerging, we were scrambling at the house. Between school, packing, and prepping the house we all barely had anytime for a social life.

"Mom!!!", I called out. "Mom!? Mooom!?" I screamed through out the house. "Huh, guess she's not home. Amaris!? Amaris!?! Geeze, is anyone around." As I searched the living room I quickly held my breathe. Before me stood bold letters...in blood. They read "If you want your family back go to Hemlock Grove. Once there look for Peter." "Hemlock Grove? What the hell is going on!?"

Soon I grabbed the keys and took off. I canceled the party along the way, I didn't stop until I was there.

"There it is... Hemlock Grove." I spoke softly as I gazed up at the sign. "Well let's go." I hopped back in the car and sped off. I kept asking around for this "Peter" guy, so far no leads. Then I met Roman. "Peter? Oh yeah I know that scruffy little bastard. But why is a sweet looking thing like yourself looking for him? As a matter of fact, I've never seen you around before..." "Uh.. I'm new. My mom and I just moved in, then I was told by some kids around to watch out for that Peter guy, so I decided to go check him out for myself." He kept quite and studied me for a second. "Alright, I'll show ya. Go down to the outskirts of town, pass the forest and before it turns into our neighboring areas there'll be an old, ratty looking trailer house near the creek. You'll find him there." "Thank you so much Mr. Roman!" "Hey! It's just Roman, got that?" He smirked and winked jokingly. "Alright, Roman." With a hint of sarcasm and a small smile I was off. As I approached I felt a huge not of anxiety and fear in my stomach. I gulped and approached the door, shakily knocking upon it. About 5 min passed before the anxiety got worse. "What if he's not home?" Before all hope was lost an older, yet beautiful woman opened the door. "Well who's this pretty young thing?" "I-I'm D-Dessie, ma'am. I-I-I'm here f-for Pe-Peter." She chuckled amused "Relax girl, I was a teenager once too. Here take this, it'll help relax you." She handed me a half-smoked joint. My eyes widened as I looked it over. "What? Never seen a mom smoke some herb before?" She smiled and lead me in. "I'll go get Peter." As she walked away I sparked up the joint. About five hits later I was calmer and Peter walked in. His scent caught me, he was also a wolf! Could he tell what I was as well? It seemed not. "Hi? Who are you?" "Peter I'm Dessie. My mother and my... friend were kidnapped. A mysterious message lead me here and told me to look for you. It was written in blood which is why I'm very panicky." "Hmmm... Strange... Blood you say?" "Yes, sir." He leaned over to his mother, whispering. All I could make out was, "Could it be connected to those murders?" I gulped frightened once again. He looked with kind eyes and said, "Dessie can you keep a secret?" I nodded frantically. He smirked, "Fallow me." His mother and him lead me out to the back of the trailer. Before I could speak he began stripping. Embarrassed I quickly turned away but I couldn't help but secretly watch through my fingers. He was stunning. Fit, built, cute scruffiness combined with shoulder length hair, he was everything I wanted but yet nothing I've seen before. Once done he crawled on to his hands and knees. Then it happened. His blood and flesh dropped like flies, a muzzle and claws soon showed. Before I knew it he was a wolf. I slowly approached him with wide eyes. He met me half way and I felt him. Another wolf, I couldn't believe it! "Peter." I spoke softly. "I have a secret too." I ripped my clothes off and with a flash of light I was surrounded in shadows. With a small explosion-like reaction I was my wolf. Beautiful, golden with a white underbelly, ember brown eyes, and three small, black patches along my back. I landed to the ground and walked to him. I smiled and nuzzled his soft muzzle. "Peter, you and I are much alike it seems. I hope I'll be any amount of help in your mission to capturer the murderer." I licked him and giggled. "Well would ya look at that. A talking werewolf, and I thought I've seen everything." His mother smiled and said. I looked to her and her eyes read, "Go for him. You two are meant to be." I flashed her a smile to show I understood, good thing peter didn't.