Chapter 1: Darkness

"Isa! I'm starving!" The small companion complained. A tick mark appeared above the girls eyebrow. This was the thirteenth time she's heard the phrase "I'm hungry!" Or "Isa I'm starving!

"Shut it Kai!"

The two of them had been walking around for five hours now. They were sent into the forest because of disturbance by The Cait Shelter guild and....so far the two found nothing.

"You should've taken some left overs like I said and we just stopped by a berry bush not too far!" Isa gritted her teeth. A white fox walked beside her along the path. "You don't think I'm suffering too Kai!" Her fingers pointed toward her loud grumbling stomach.

Suddenly they came across a large ravine.Isa crouched down and touched the rocky floors. Her fingers felt vibrations while her ears heard other voices echoing down the dark cave.

"Quiet!" She shushed her friend. The blonde girl felt the presence of four people inside including an animal.

"Guess they were right." She sighed and tightened her black laced up boots. Her lips curled into a smirk as she stuffed her hands into her pockets. Her job was finally almost complete.

"How are we gonna get down there?" Kaya looked up at the girl.

Isa continued to smirk and look down the rocky ravine. "Oh no." Kaya sweat dropped.

"Oh yes."
————————————————

Isa let out whoops as they rock surfed down.Kai's paws were latched upon Isa's shoulder screaming for her life in fear that it would end so soon.

"Why couldn't we shadow shift!" The fox whined. Isa only laughed in response and leaned forward to go faster. Smoke flew up behind her and rocks fell to the bottom of the pit. The ride was rather long but the sliding made up for it.

"Where's the fun in that?!" She yelled over Kai's terrified screeches.

After about five minutes they came to a stop meaning they hit rock bottom. The area was quite dark but that didn't seem to faze Isa one bit. The white fox jumped down from her shoulders quickly as if she praised the ground like if it were a king had stepped foot upon it .

"C'mon. We keep going then we can hurry up and finish the job." Isa said. Her hand ignited in a purple flame which lit up the enclosed path way.

Isa swatted away the dust and began to walk down the dark pathway. "Why do you insist on walking into trouble? I thought Serafina taught you better."

"And I thought Serafina told you to stop complaining." Isa retorted as she squeezed in between rocks. The comment made the white fox drop its mouth in shock,

"Oh whatever! Your just mad that your hungry too!"

"You wanna go-!"

"Where do you think your going?" A hand snatched up Isa's arm. A redhead man appeared from behind a rock and his grip was death-like.

She simply frowned while her companion was behind held by abnormal large purple snake on guard.

"You dare lay a hand on me!" She hollered and threw a power kick to his stomach. The blast sent him curling into a wall and Kaya followed suit and kicked his purple snake into the ground. It took him by surprise to see someone stronger than him.

Her arm was bruised and started to throb. "What the hell?" She thought to herself.
"He ruined my jacket!" She whined and curled her fists at her sides.

"Your really worried about a stupid jacket?" Kai raised her eyebrow.

"Put a sock in it fox!"

______________________