Chapter 5

'What's up?' Chan asked sleepily before going into the green flames of chimney.

'Trouble.'

'Yea, I mean where?'

I could tell everyone rolled their eyes. 'Just go into the damn flames!' Everyone laughed once Jeongyeon scolded him. 'Okay!' Chan stepped in and departed to the place. Slowly, each auror were already placed in the setting of what seemed very horrifying. An abandoned place?

'Where is this?' I asked one of the head aurors — Kim Woojin. 'One of our search teams believed that the ruins of Malfoy Manor will be used as a meeting place. For the dark wizards.'

'Death eaters,' Jaebum added.

'It's true? The rumors?'

Jaebum sighed. 'Apparently, yes.' He gave the signal to move forth into the gates. 'Be careful of your movements.'

Jaebum suddenly apparated into the manor and the others did too. All five of us crept together in, what seems like, the living room. Torn wallpaper, fallen chandelier, scratch marks. What was this? This place looks like it hadn't been touched by anyone. I breathed lightly, until I saw a tiny spider climbing the walls beside me. I became too distracted with it's tiny claw-like legs.

Then green light flew sharply to the person in front of me, knocking him out. 'Chan?!' I screamed just before Jaebum exclaimed, 'Get back!'

I drew out my wand and faced whoever was going to duel me right at that moment. Just a few moments before I took a last breathe, I was shot back with a stunning spell. I laid beside Chan's lifeless body, wishing I could save him. 'Chan..,' I whispered with a hand on his arm that was reaching out.

'Yeji!'

CRASH!!

I closed my eyes while getting back up, not wanting everything to go so fast. I drew my wand out front and tried to just cast one spell. 'Expelliarmus!' I shot out just before the figure blocked it with a blue forcefield that they conjured; immediately blasting another spell at me, then another, then another, until my arm grew tired on blocking the spells. That person was a great dueler, I could tell. Just reminding me of when I joined duelling club with friends, or see Hyunjin conjure up some spells to entertain the younger me.

I grunted and squinted my eyes. 'Incarcerous!' Out of thin air, thick brown ropes wrapped around the figure, stopping it from casting another spell. I sighed as I found out half of our crew had disappeared, other than Woojin. 'Woojin,' I sighed out when the group of death eaters ran for their lives, other than the one Woojin and I caught.

'T-take them back to the ministry. The search team will inspect the rest. We can't stay,' he announced before apparating back with Jaebum's body. Before taking Jeongyeon and Chan's body, I looked the wriggling body of the figure I put down. The ropes tightened as the groans became louder with the other fallen masked bodies; death eaters.

I felt no pity for them, part of me is telling that they deserve that. But the other half.. I was never sure. I dragged Chan's body over to Jeongyeon's and apparated away.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'You said that the manor was empty!' Woojin screamed out before smashing his fist onto the desk of the head of the aurors office. 'We lost three lives just because of your miscalculations.'

'You think I can predict the movement of the death eaters?! This wasn't my fault, it was an ambush. They knew our plans.'

'From who?' Woojin gave a suspicious look to the other man sitting across him — Kim Namjoon. 'You don't think I would do this.'

'Who knows..,' Woojin said in a rude tone. 'Look,' Namjoon stood up and held Woojin's body back. 'I didn't do it. It was an accident that we lost lives at this search.'

I was just watching the conversation between the two males, munching on a chocolate frog, maybe to relief my worries and burden.