Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The next few weeks we didn’t even go near the cafeteria and I was fine with that. I didn’t want a repeat of last time. We just stayed in Ashley or my room and ate there. Ashley hadn’t even talked to her brother since that incident in the cafeteria. She was too pissed off at him and she was afraid that if she tried to talk to him she would do something that she would regret so she just stayed away from him.

The pain was getting worse every day and I could feel the life in me leaving my body. Even my wolf was getting weaker. She barely talked to me anymore and when she did all she did was beg me to go back to Damon and beg him to take back the rejection. I almost gave in a few times but I knew he wouldn’t do it. Every night I would cry myself silently to sleep. I just hoped death would come soon so my agony would end.

I focused on getting my muscles back to how they were even if my will to live was slowly weakening every day just like Ashley had told me. I was determined and when I was that determined nothing would stop me. I went walking every morning and slowly that walking changed to fast walking and that changed to jogging. After about a month I was running, not as fast I used to be but still fast. With a little more work I would be back to how I was.

I also went back to my 2 favourite childhood sports; swimming and gymnastics. You would often find me in the gym, doing some routine or in the pool doing laps. I couldn’t change into my wolf until my fitness was back and I missed being in wolf form.

It was a month and a half after I had first got out of bed that I shifted back into my wolf. Ashley, Vanessa and me were in class and the teacher wanted us to shift so that she could show us some things.

‘Erm… Ms I haven’t shifted in over 4 months. I don’t know if I can do it.’ I said shyly.

‘Don’t worry Emma, try. It will probably hurt but it will pass.’ I nodded.

I focused on my wolf form but I couldn’t shift. ‘No, Emma please I can’t.’ My wolf told me. The rejection was worse on her and she was too weak. I was weak too but I was hiding it well.

‘Come on, we have to show everyone that that asshole can’t hurt us.’

‘But he is.’

‘I know, please just this once. If you don’t feel relieved to shift even for a few minutes then I won’t shift again. You must won’t to shift, it’s been too long.’

‘Ok fine. But just so you know this is just going to bring us nearer to our death.’

This information shocked me a little bit but I didn’t care. I knew I was going to die eventually, I had accepted that. I focused on my wolf form again and this time I shifted. There was no physical pain like the teacher said but I could see why my wolf had told me that it would bring me closer to death because the pain was worse in wolf form and somehow I knew that when I shifted back it was going to stay.

I heard some of the students that hadn’t shifted and the teacher gasp but I wasn’t sure why.

‘Your colour is so beautiful, so pure. Did it hurt to shift?’ The teacher asked. Then I understood, no one had seen my wolf other my than my parents, Ashley and Austin. I shook my wolf head to answer her question. ‘Wow! And even your eyes, so beautiful, violet with the gold flecks.’

I cocked my head to the side. Last time I knew my eyes were only one colour but then I remembered Ashley’s words, that the second colour would come after you found your mate. I felt my heart tighten and I let out a small whimper. Ashley’s wolf next to me growled to the teacher.