Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Damon’s POV

I went out of the music room, sensing that someone was outside, but there was no one there. I took a whiff of the air and I was hit with a scent that sent a pain all through my body.

Emma! I thought. Without me even comprehending what I was doing, I followed her scent and soon I found her lying, unconscious in the empty corridor. I tried to force myself to turn away. She wasn’t my responsibility anymore; I didn’t have to take care of her. I rejected her. But my wolf wouldn’t let me.

‘Are you that heartless that you’re going to leave a helpless girl unconscious in an empty corridor? She’s our mate for God’s sake!’ My wolf argued with me.

Eventually my wolf won and I picked her bridal style. She began shifted and I was worried that she would wake up but she just snuggled closer to me. I ignored the pleasure that went through me when she did that and carried her to her room. I ignored the stares I was getting from the other students, eventually letting out a warning growl to stop them from staring which they understood immediately. Just as I reached Emma’s room, Ashley came out of hers. I groaned as her face shot up and her eyes widened.

‘Damon, what the hell did you do?!’ Ashley yelled. She quickly came up to Emma to check her but I instinctively tightened my grip and moved her away.

‘Nothing! I found her unconscious in the hallway and I brought her here. Now open the door so I can put her on the bed and finally leave. I have other things to do, you know.’ I tried to sound that I was bored and didn’t actually care even though I did, very much.

Ashley shot me a glare while I rolled my eyes. She opened the door and I was hit a strong scent of Emma. But what did I expect? This was her room after all. I tried to keep my breath and placed Emma on her bed, ignoring the mental images that popped in my head, and quickly left the room without another word to Ashley.

I went straight to my room, throwing myself on the bed. I sighed heavily. I was tired of fighting the urge to go make Emma mine every second of every minute I saw her. Having any contact with her was just making it worse. I remembered the first time I realised that she was my mate. I was so angry because I didn’t want a mate to change me at that time so I rejected her. When I realised that she wasn’t a bad person to have her as a mate it was too late. I had already officially rejected her and if I took it back everyone would see me as the weak alpha.

But it was becoming too damn hard. When I was alone in the room with her that one day I almost marked her as mine there and then. If she hadn’t told me to let her go then I would have done it. And then I saw her dripping wet at the pool. I could feel the desire burn inside of me. I groaned. Why couldn’t I stop thinking about her?!

‘She’s your mate stupid dumbass!’ my wolf commented.

I groaned again and put my head in my hands. Jake and Liam chose that moment to come in my room. When Jake saw my state he chuckled. My head shot up. What was he finding so amusing?

‘Still thinking about her?’ he asked, raising his eyebrows.

My eyes widened. ‘How the hell did you know what I was thinking?’

‘Well, look at you. You’re like a love struck puppy.’ He chuckled again while I growled. I was a soon-to-be alpha. No one could call me a puppy. ‘Just take it back man. She’s a great girl. She doesn’t deserve to die.’

I growled at his words. ‘Mine!

He raised his hands in surrender. ‘I didn’t say anything.’