Chapter 11

Chapter 11

All I saw was darkness. I wasn’t dead, that I knew. Don’t ask me how, I just knew. I tried to open my eyes but something prevented me from doing just that. It was very frustrating. It was like I was sucked in a black hole and I couldn’t see or hear anything. I was just frozen in one place. Then I heard a voice and I quickly recognised it to be my wolf’s.

‘We’re not going to wake up, Emma.’

‘Why not?’ I questioned.

‘Because we have no reason to. Our mate has rejected us and he doesn’t want us back so why should we wake up. We’re going to die anyway in the end.’

‘Why can’t we just die now? What’s keeping us here?’

‘Damon sensed something was wrong and pulled us out of the pool before we could fully die so now we’re not dead but quite alive.’ I think she could sense my confusion because she continued. ‘We’ve fully healed, I took care of that but you see I have the lost the will to live and I’m not going to let you wake up just so we can experience more heartache. So we just have to wait.’

‘Wait for what, exactly?’

‘Until they give up, until they have no hope that we would ever wake up and let us go.’

‘I understand and completely agree but why did Damon save us? If he really doesn’t want a mate, why did he pull me out if the pool? It would’ve been easier. I would have been dead by now.’

‘I think that it was his wolf. He must have taken over and just went by instinct, to protect his mate.’

‘Oh,’ I said simply. So he didn’t care. It was just his wolf. If I was alive I was sure that tears would be silently escaping my eyes right now.

I didn’t know how much time I spent in my coma state. All I saw was darkness and all I heard was pure silence. So that made it hard to actually count the days I spent in the coma. But I guessed that it was a long time. One time I heard my wolf ranting in my head.

‘Stupid boy! He doesn’t care about anything but himself. How am I supposed to believe him after all that he did to us?!’

‘What are you talking about? Is it Damon? What did he do?’ I fired endless questions at her.

‘Nothing! This is none of your business. You can’t do anything about this.’ She snapped at me.

I didn’t say anything after that even though I was extremely curious about what Damon had said. A few hours (or was it minutes) later she was basically screaming in my head. I had no idea what was going on.

‘HOW DARE HE?! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?! HOW DARE HE KISS US?’

‘He did what?’ I interrupted her, now dumbfounded.

‘THAT STUPID ASSHOLE OF A MATE KISSED US! ON THE LIPS! HE COULD HAVE STARTED THE MATING PROCESS!’

‘Are you sure? Maybe you’re just confused. He wouldn’t have done that.’

‘YES HE WOULD HAVE!’ she paused for a second and continued, now calm. ‘It didn’t start the mating process because you have to respond to his kiss and since you’re in a coma you can’t.’

I was incredibly confused. ‘Why would he do that? I mean, he rejected me, right?’

‘Yes but he wants to take it back.’

‘He what?!’

‘He said that if I let you wake up he would take back the rejection. Remember earlier I was ranting in your head? Sorry about that by the way. Yeah, that’s what he said but I didn’t believe him. I mean why would I? After all he’s put us through. So he kissed us to send me a sign that he wants us back. He knows that I’m the one responsible for not letting you wake up.’