Discourse

Eduardo Rested himself against the pipe, being cautious not to make his wound bleed again. It was causing him a lot of pain, but not nearly as bad as what it had been previously. The kids sat next to him, worried about his condition.

Blu and Jewel were at the edge of the roof, just sitting there, not saying anything to each other. It had already been a turbulent day, with Terrin's assault and all. They both just hoped that this conflict could be resolved, and that they could make peace instead of war with Terrin.

Blu was the one to break the silence. "Master of the northern Brazilian woodlands. Ha! I've never even heard of him."

"Neither have we, Blu. But we will find out about him, whatever it takes to do so," Jewel stated.

"If he tries to harm any of you, HE will be the one to pay the price." Blu said. "Now do you see why I want the kids to stay closer to us?"

Jewel just shook her head. "Blu, I know how dangerous it is in the jungle. You forget, I grew up in it. And now with Terrin as a threat, I see your point. But we will be safe with the flock. They are still safe as long as they are within the boundaries."

"They can still invade, Jewel. Just because we have agreed-upon borders doesn't mean we are safe from foreign invasion."

"Blu," Jewel began. She shook her head again at the stubbornness Blu was now portraying. "What has made you so stubborn? What are you so worried about, really?"

A tear began forming in his eye. "It is because of what I've been through. I don't want the same thing to happen to them that happened to me. I don't want them to find themselves lost and without parents."

Rafael chose to insert his opinion at this point. "Blu, I have been listening to you, and I just want you to know that just because your parents left you does not mean that the same will happen to your family. Your family loves you, supports you, and will never leave you. Besides, we all have an instinct that will likely lead us back to our family or friends, so your kids most likely will not ever get lost."

Blu now had new words to ponder; however, they did not sway his opinion that he should keep his family close to him to prevent harm from coming to them.

Pedro and Nico came to Blu and said, "This is a little bit off topic, but we need to go to check on the club. We're sure that the Macaws have left by now, since we have escaped them. We promise to meet you again tonight or tomorrow morning."

"Ok, guys. Have a safe trip. Be careful."