Rescue

"Where is he?!" Terrin was attempting get the location out of Nico and Pedro, but they refused to yield.

"We don't know."

"Liar!" Terrin flew at their cage, causing it to shake hard. Both of the captive birds fell flat on their backs. "You WILL tell me where he went, or this will be the end."

Nico and Pedro looked at each other and gulped. "He went to the Observation Tower just outside of Rio." Pedro thought that would serve as a good enough diversion; it would buy them at least some time.

"He better be there, for your own sakes." Terrin let go of their cage. "I will be checking tomorrow."

When Terrin flew away, two of his best birds stood guard over the cage.

---------------

Jasmine stood in the entrance to Blu's hollow, staring at the stars. She had seen them so many times, but now, it just seemed different. She was in a whole new atmosphere, amongst family that she never knew existed until today. She felt at peace, knowing that she would never be alone again.

Blu saw his sister standing in the doorway and decided to join her. He whispered a greeting as he approached so he wouldn't startle her.

"Who knew that after all this time, we lived only a few miles apart, never knowing that the other was still alive," Jasmine spoke. "I am still amazed that we never crossed paths earlier."

"I am glad we found each other when we did. We all really needed the refreshment of a new face, given what we've been through."

"What are you talking about?"

"Have you ever heard of a bird named Terrin?"

"No, why?"

"Oh, I just thought I'd ask you."

"Ok..." Jasmine wanted to know his meaning, but she also wasn't the type to push for information.

Upon being asked about his life, Blu began at the beginning and ran through his entire life with Linda. He told about his capture, domestication, travel to Rio, adventure with Jewel, discovery of the tribe's existence, and travel to the Amazon, all the way up to the present day.

Jasmine was amazed. "You have had more fun than I have. All I got to do was stay alive, and that is a lot of hard work."

"What happened to you when you left me?"

"We went to sleep that night, like every night. Mom and dad tucked us in, then went to sleep themselves. At about midnight, they woke me up, telling me that they had to go. They said, 'Don't wake Blu up. He needs to stay here.' 'Why?' I asked them. 'It is hard to explain. Let's go.'

"I was very upset to have to leave my brother behind, but I also had to obey my parents. They brought me deep into the Amazon forest, found the hollow, which I had been living in for all these years, and did the same to me. They tucked me in to sleep, then vanished on me."

Blu felt very sorry for her; after all they had both been abandoned by their parents. He just wished he knew where exactly his parents went.

Jewel came from behind and said, "It's time to get some sleep, you two. It's late."

"Ok." Blu replied. He said goodnight to Jasmine, tucked his own kids into bed, and went to sleep himself.

Carla, however, couldn't seem to get herself to sleep; she was concerned that Pedro and Nico hadn't showed up yet.

---------------

The next morning was peaceful and quiet. The Macaws were just waking up and getting their day started. Blu stood outside the hollow with Carla beside him.