Reunion

Blu and the gang arrived back in the Amazon several hours later. It had grown dark by the time they arrived; that was because they took several rest stops to let Eduardo rest. He seemed to have regained quite a bit of strength by the time they landed him in front of his home.

Roberto and Mimi came to greet him and the family back from their vacation. Jasmine stayed behind a little; being a stranger and all, she didn't want to be too intrusive.

After hugging both Berto and Mimi and explaining his injury, Eduardo immediately turned his attention to the stranger among them. His reaction was none too pleasant.

"Who are you? Where did you come from?"

"I... I..." Jasmine began stuttering

"Eddy, this is Jasmine," Roberto introduced her. "We found her a few miles east of us. She's one of our kind."

"A Blue Spix?" Eduardo asked.

"Pure Blue Spix," Jasmine said.

Eduardo checked her a little, just to be sure. Then he opened his wings wide and said, "Welcome. Let me give you a hug. Careful."

Jasmine slowly walked into his hug, wrapping her own wings around him carefully. Eddy winced a little at the pain, but he smiled.

"Jasmine," Eduardo said, "I want you meet my family. This is Jewel, Bia, Tiago, Carla, and..."

"Blu?" Jasmine stood in shock, a dazed expression on her face.

Blu looked puzzled. He looked between Eddy and Jasmine, confused that she knew his name. Blu walked up to her and waved his wing in front of her. "Are you ok, miss?"

She just continued to stand there and stare in amazement. She couldn't believe who was now standing right in front of her. Slowly, she began to blink; then she quickly hugged him with a seemingly unbreakable grip.

"Uh..." Blu was surprised.

"Thank goodness, I found you!"

Now everyone around them was puzzled. Jewel wasn't as pleased about the situation, though.

"Get off of him!" Jewel came up to Blu and Jasmine and shoved them apart. Jasmine, who didn't have very good footing, fell on her back.

"Hey! What is your problem?!" Jasmine exclaimed.

"He's mine, you know." Jewel argued.

"I know that. You think I'm blind and deaf?"

"Now, listen here..."

"Guys!" Blu stopped the argument before it could get under way. "Let me handle this."

Blu took Jasmine aside to an isolated area for private conversation. "Who are you?" He asked her.

"You mean... you don't know me?" Jasmine appeared a little hurt.

"Should I know you?"

Jasmine grasped Blu's shoulders, looking into his eyes as she said, "Blu, I am your sister."

Now Blu was the one staring in shock. He just couldn't believe what he heard. He had found a member of his own family, besides Jewel and the others. "I don't believe... this." Blu gulped in the middle of speaking. "My own sister?"

"Yes, Blu. Jasmine. I'm Jasmine. Do you remember at all?"

It all started coming back to him. They used to wrestle in the nest when they were young, that being the only thing they could do at the time.

"What happened to mom and dad?" Blu inquired.

Jasmine only had one explanation: "I don't know. They left me in the woods all by myself. I had to use my instinct just to survive. Roberto there knows; he discovered my stache of Brazil nuts."

"So, does this mean we have an aunt now?" Tiago said.

Blu looked back at him and said, "Yes, Tiago."

Then Jewel walked to Jasmine and apologized for her assumption. "I thought you were an old girlfriend of his. I am sorry I pushed you."

"Oh, that's ok. What was your name again?"

"Jewel."

"It's ok, Jewel. Now you know you have a sister-in-law, and those little rascals over there have an aunt." She pointed a her feather tip at them and smiled. "I only have one problem. Where will I stay?"

Blu looked and Jewel, and Jewel did the same. "You can stay with us for now, I guess."

"Thank you so much. I will begin looking for my own place here tomorrow morning, so that I am not in your way."

"You will always be welcome with us, Jazzy," Blu stated.