Capture

The next morning had been peaceful and clear, with no cloud in the sky. Everything in Rio had returned to normal, now that the intruders had left them alone.

Nico and Pedro helped a group of birds replace the blanket back where it needed to be. Various others were helping to get the club back into shape for reopening. Boxes were stacked, cans replaced, and curtains hung. Within an hour or so, everything had been put back in its place.

"Ok, guys. Thanks for your help and support. The club is in running order again, but I know you all need to get some rest," Nico said.

"Yo, rest up good now. We'll see you tomorrow."

The crowd gave a collective sigh of relief. They've had a hard-won victory over Terrin's Macaws; thankfully, the club received no casualties in the fight. The enemy, however, had been beaten hard enough to force them to retreat. Once the club was empty, Nico and Pedro themselves left to rejoin Blu, as promised.

---------------

Terrin, who had escaped the fight, went back to his place on the statue's arm, irritated that his foe had evaded him AND his forces. "How could this have happened to me?" He asked himself. "I am too smart for him to have escaped me. Where could he have gone?" Terrin thought about the options for a little while. He failed to see, however, that Blu had accustomed himself to humans.

While in the middle of his thinking, Terrin looked up and beheld two birds coming from the city. He recognized them; they were two of the birds that had been caring for that irritable blue bird that stepped up in Blu's defense. Having realized who they were, Terrin waited for them to pass him up before pursuing them, to get the element of surprise.

---------------

"Do you think Eduardo will be ok?" Nico asked.

"Sure; he's a tough old jungle bird. He'll be fine."

While they were having their discourse, a shadow fell over them that made them look up. They couldn't see too clearly the face of their chaser, but they could tell by body shape alone who it was. "Fly, Nico, Fly!" Pedro warned.

"I'm flying as fast as I can!"

The two friends flew hard, their wings hardly visible from their desperate attempt to flee. However, even their top speed wasn't enough to evade Terrin, who then caught up and grabbed both of them by the feet.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Terrin spoke in a terrifying tone.

"Uh, we aren't who you think we are," Nico made an attempt to make him let go.

"Oh, I think you are, and you two are coming with me." Terrin flew to the north, for an outpost near Rio. After all, he supposed Blu was still somewhere nearby.