It's Over

Author's POV
No one knows what will happen in the future. Maybe, today we have everything, we can do everything, we are happy, or we are healthy. But, the next day we lost everything, we can't do anything, we're not happy nor healthy. A girl walk slowly in the corridor of the hospital that she is familiar with. She stopped in front of the door that she knows well. She looks at the name that written on it before saying it flatly, 'Park Chanyeol'. She smile a little, then exhaled a deep sigh before knocking the door. A soft voice came from inside the room that saying 'Come in'. She got the sign before she opened the door and went inside. She saw a good looking man in front of her with his white coat. He is busy writing something on his notes. She smiles of the sight. "Good morning, Oppa!" She greeted him politely and it caught his attention. He stopped what he did a while ago and smile to his favorite patient. "Good morning, pretty!" He greeted jokingly before gesturing her to sit down. She complied and made herself comfortable. The doctor stood up from his seat to get a black folder in the shelf behind him. He reads it for a while before going back to his seat. He can't hide his smile after seeing a smile on the girl's face in front of him, even though he knows that it will be gone soon enough. Sometimes he wonders, how come that fake smile on her pale face still looks so beautiful. This patient of his is a very positive person in his opinion. She never gave up on her condition no matter how miserable it was. That's why this patient becomes his favorite one. It makes him wants to help her so much. "How are you, Sowon-ah? It's been a while, right?" He said softly and smile.

Sowon's POV
I'm keeping my smile on my face even though I know that I'm going to hear a not-so-good news from this man in front of me. It's been a while since my last visit here. You know, I thought I was getting better, but not until a week ago I collapsed in my bedroom early in the morning. Luckily, Eomma found me when she was going to wake me up. She quickly called Appa and they sent me to the hospital immediately. I need to skip my classes for three days to get better. The girls called me non-stop but I never answered their calls. My maids told me that they came to my house and asked where I was. Luckily, I've told all the people in the house long time ago for not telling anyone about my whereabouts if it's related to the hospital. I feel bad for not telling them about my condition. But, I don't want to make them worried, at least not now. They already stressed enough because of their study. I don't want to put any burdens to their minds. I promise to myself that I'll tell them someday, but not now. Then, when I was going back to the University two days ago, of course they bombarded me with many questions. I made some excuses like I was visiting a relative outside the city and bla bla bla. Fortunately, they believed what I said and stopped asking more. But, as usual, that Hwang couldn't take her suspicious eyes away from me. I think she didn't believe what I said. Tsk! That girl is really hard to be fooled. Today, I have an appointment with my doctor. Luckily, I don't have any classes today. I go to the hospital all by myself since my parents are going overseas for business. It's not a new thing. I used to go to the hospital alone since little. When I said alone, it's not completely alone. If my parents couldn't make it, I would go to the hospital with my driver. But, he will only wait for me at the waiting room. I would meet my doctor all by myself, like right now. "Yeah. You must be missing me all these times, right?" I jokingly answered my doctor. He chuckled then smiles until his dimple is visible. It makes me smile as well, a sincere one because I could make someone happy even only for a while. Not waiting too long, he has changed her expression to the serious one. From that I know if I'm going to hear a bad news. "Is it that bad, Oppa?" I asked him weakly to the point. He sighed before smiling a little. "Sowon-ah, I told you for not forgetting your medicine, right? How could you skip it for two days straight?" He asked me softly. But, from how the way he was talking, I know that he is disappointed, yet worried about me. Yeah, it's true. I skipped my medicine for two days straight which is when I went to the amusement park and the next day after that because no one reminded me to take one that day. It used to be Eomma or Appa who is being my daily reminder. But, those day, they were busy with their work overseas. The day I went to the amusement park was their departure to Sidney for work matters. I didn't blame my parents. I know I'm big enough to be responsible of my own health. "Mianhae, Oppa. I forgot my medicine because I was too excited to go to the amusement park with my friends." I said apologetically and he only sighed. He must be really upset to me. I pouted a little before whining like a kid. "Don't be mad at me, Oppa. I promise to be more responsible of my health. I'll be a good girl from now on!" I said with my not-so-cute aegyo. It makes me cringed since I'm not fond to this kind of stuff. But, finally Doctor Park chuckled. I sighed of relief. At least it works for him. "You drive me crazy, Sowon-ah!" He said and I laughed on his statement. "Don't worry, Oppa! It won't be that long. Please bear with me a little more." I said and smile to him. My words make his smile disappeared in instant. He looks at me with his sad expression. I only smile a little without saying anything. Then, he told me about my condition that I've already expected. From all his long explanation and tests, all I can say is my condition becomes worse than the last time of my visit. "I'll try my best to help you, Sowon-ah. All you need to do is do your best and believe in yourself that you will get better someday!" He said with his sad voice. "Of course, Oppa! I'm still your strongest patient, right? You know that I won't give up easily, right? I'll do my best to get better and I'll make you proud to be my doctor!" I said cheerfully tried to lift up the mood. He smiles warmly to me. I know he tried to comfort me now. I nodded my head trying to say if I'm fine. He nodded his head too. After having little chitchats with Doctor Park, I decided to leave. It's already noon and I need to give him a little break. I bid my goodbye and leave his office immediately. When I was outside his office, I can't hold my tears any longer. I break down in front of his office and crying silently. I know that some nurses, doctors, or people who passed by me gave their sympathy looks. But none of them tried to approach me. Maybe it's because they don't know me. I cry my heart out there for few minutes before I decided to get up and left. I go back to my house in silence. I look at the view outside through the window. I can see some people are laughing and having fun with their friends or family. Some of them look sad and like a mess. Life will always looks so unfair if we can't stop comparing our life's to others'. Sometimes, I wonder how it feels like to have an healthy body. It must be much easier. I don't need to eat my meds everyday, I don't need to visit the hospital now and then, and most importantly I won't make my parents sad. I feel bad for Eomma and Appa. They must be so much in pain to see their only daughter dying like this. Thinking about this only makes my day becomes worse. I need to keep thinking positively. I need to believe in miracle. Yeah, I need to keep going and do my best until the end!
When I was busy with my thoughts, my eyes catch a glimpse of familiar figure who sit alone on the bench. I told my driver to stop the car immediately. I told him to wait for me there for a while. I get out from the car and walk quickly to the park that I was just passing by seconds ago. I keep walking and finally found a certain person. It's him, Jin! He is here at our favorite park. What is he doing? Is he thinking about me? I smile at the thought of him sitting alone there to recall our happy memories here. I decided to greet him and started walking slowly towards his position. But, before I could call his name, someone called him first from the side and it stopped me from walking. "Jin Oppa!" A beautiful girl called his name cheerfully before running towards him. My eyes followed her moves until she landed safely in his embrace. I can't hear what they are talking about, but I can see the smile on Jin's face. It's been a long time for me to see that bright smile of his. He used to smile at me like that. I used to be the one who made him smile like that. But, what am I seeing right now? He is smiling to another girl in front of me. Without my permission, tears escape from my eyes and keep flowing down on my cheeks. I can't move my body. I don't know what how to feel right now. All I'm sure is, it's a mess. In one day, my life turned upside down. I want to run away, but I can't. I see Jin and that girl started walking away while intertwining their hands. I can hear the cracked sounds of my heart. I lift my right hand and place it on my left chest. "아파!" I said weakly before clutching my clothes tightly. Suddenly, everything becomes dark. I can feel someone is covering my eyes with a hand. I can't see anything now. I'm panicked. Am I being kidnapped? But, all my negative thoughts disappeared as soon as I heard a soft voice behind me. "Don't look if it only hurts you." A voice of a girl that I'm familiar with, ringing in my ears. It's soothing me somehow. I keep crying and she keeps covering my eyes. When I can finally calm down myself, she pulled her hand away from my eyes. I open my eyes immediately and finally I can see everything. Jin is already gone with that girl. My heart hurts again if I remember about what I was seeing minutes ago. Then, I remember if someone is standing behind me. I turn around and found this person that I know so well, looking at me calmly. She is smiling a little. "Why are you here?" I asked her weakly. My voice is cracked when said that. I believe my eyes are swollen too. Damn! I'm a mess! "To help my stupid unnie from being embarrassed!" She said annoyingly. What am I expected from this girl? Be a nice girl to me? Ppfftt~ Impossible!