Chapter 1

(Darcy's POV)

“Darcy!” my mother yelled from downstairs. “Yes mom?” “ Sweetie do you mind running to the grocery store to get me some pickles and licorice please?” She asked. Her pregnancy cravings have been so weird and since my dad is out of town on business he left me in charge on taking care of her. “Sure thing mom. Is that all you want?” “Yes, drive safely it’s pouring out there” “ I will. Be back in a few.”

On my way out I checked out my blonde short hair and eyeliner to see if it was smeared under my large blue eyes; which it wasn’t. I ran to the car, with the rain pounding against the windshield I headed to Waldo’s Market. Barely seeing past my headlights, I pulled up to the store and ran in almost tripping over my own feet, splashing myself in the process with murky water from a puddle. Grabbing a ton of pickles, licorice and ice cream I paid the cashier and ran back to my car shivering from the cold. Seeing that there was no one at the light I passed gazing upon the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. When our eyes met I felt magic happen, like I was complete and he was the reason why. Seeing his eyes widen I didn’t even realize I was still driving towards him.