Chapter 5

*two years later*

So here I was, on my way back home. I suppose I should fill you in.

Instead of my fire truck hair, it was dark purple. I had a full sleeve tattoo of my tribal design down my arm. And maybe a little more...me.

Resting on the side of the wall, I knocked on the door. "Their Reaction is going to be priceless Athena"

Foot steps could be heard from the other side of the door, and soon enough, stood my mother. "Emma?!"

"Hi mom"

~~~~<~~~>~~~
Unpacking my bags took me a little longer than I was hoping. Dad didn't like me running in the dark, but I was in desperate need of one.

Standing under the trees that stood proudly over me, a slight comfortable breeze, I shifted.

It felt nice to be able to run freely, the breeze ruffling my silver fur. My wolf stood proudly, the moonlight shining down on the water, making it glisten.

I shifted back into human form and sat at the edge, my legs swinging back and forth above the water. That same sweet smell I smelt two years ago took over my senses.

"I think you keep forgetting that I'm your mate. I can smell you from a mile away Carlos"

"You've changed, you've become more...beautiful" Anger took over as I got up, standing in front of him.

"You have no place to say that Carlos, you were the one that rejected me. You were the one that was ashamed to be with me because your 'title' and what your 'friends' thought mattered more than your soul. You are pathetic man. And at some degree, I'm glad you rejected me because it gave me the chance to find myself. So thank you Carlos, thank you for being the pathetic asshole that you are"