chapter 11

I pulled myself away from him, walking closer to the water as I took in small breaths to calm my racing heart. "As much as I want to forgive you Carlos, it's hard. You let me walk away, you rejected me, despite you being a 'young and stupid boy' but at the same time, I'm glad you let me walk out that door. Because it gave me a chance to find myself, it allowed me to become the bigger and better person I was supposed to be. I hate you, and I thank you....If that made sense" I turned to face him. His face held a look of anger and guilt. Anger because he hated himself for letting his arrogance winning, and guilt because my words hit a nerve.

"I'm so sorry Emma, I know my words and actions will never be enough to tell and show how much i regret letting you leave. I want you to believe me, I want you to forgive me and I want you to know that I will never let you go again...I was stupid and young, and I know that, that will never be a good enough excuse, but Emma, I'm so sorry"

I wanted to respond, but a gut feeling over came me. I knew something was wrong, I could sense it, feel it. "Carlos, we have to go, something's wrong" I grabbed his wrist, pulling him along side me. I grew more and more anxious with every step. My heart was pounding and my ears were ringing.

Something was definitely wrong. Carlos mumbled beside me, gripping my shoulder, repeatedly asking what was wrong, but I couldn't find the answer to it. I didn't know, I had no clue. "Emma!"

"What?! Carlos we just have to hurry, I can't tell you what's wrong because I don't know! Please just hurry" Smoke filled my senses as we neared the pack house. Children ran around frantically, screaming and crying as they watched their parents fight off the opposing team. "Carlos, take the kids somewhere safe!" He nodded, bundling them up and shuffling them away.

I searched all over for father, running behind the tree's so the rogues couldn't see me. "Father!" I found him, fighting off two rogues. I ran over, ripping one off as I helped the pack fight them off "How?! Where is mother?!"

"I'll explain later! Just keep everyone safe!"

Minutes later, we were all beating off, some of us already injured, maybe even dead. My body grew heavy as I fought them off, my arms growing weak. "Behind you!"

That was the last thing I heard, blackness surrounding me as I felt my body crash to the ground.