Chapter 9

"You do?" I smiled, grabbing his hand. I felt the spark, I felt my body tingle in excitement, I felt the bond and the connection we should've felt from the beginning.

"I do" Relief and tears swarm through his eyes. He was happy. It was like a heavy blanket was being lifted off a small puppy, finally allowing it to breathe and be free.

And it was how I felt. I felt my anger fading, I felt like a big pressure was released from my chest.

I felt okay. I really felt okay.

"We should probably eat now, unless you just wanna go?" He asked. It sounded like he was trying to hide the excitement in his voice, which made me chuckle.

I guess I felt like it was so soon to forgive someone who left me hurt and a mess, but it's all about forgiving and forgetting right? I didn't come back to hold a grudge, I came back because it was home and because I'm a better me.

We can't hold onto things forever, how are we supposed to move on? How are we supposed to be happy if we hold anger and hatred on one another? Isn't it all about starting fresh?

"Let's go for a walk instead" I smiled, standing up and wrapping my cardigan around my shoulders.

It felt peaceful, quiet and almost perfect. I felt relief and I finally felt okay.

Training was hard. I remember crying all the time, then taking my pain and using it, using it in training. My knuckles always ended up bruised and covered in blood.

"Your hands, what happened to them?" I sighed, facing the water as it touched the sand in a calming manner.

"Training was hard, I dunno I guess I trained too hard that it left my hands like this" I felt his presence behind me as he ran his hands up and down my arms softly and carefully.

Slowly, one arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me into him. I twisted my body to face him.

He stared down at me, his eyes searching for something, something I wasn't allowing him to see....and he knew it. "Emma, it's okay, I'm not leaving you this time"

And I cried. I cried as he held me, his arms holding me tenderly as I cried into his shoulder. I was crying because I knew he wouldn't leave me, and I was crying because I didn't want him to leave. Even though I felt okay, there was still doubt, doubt that he would leave even though I know he won't.

And I cried because I was afraid everything would fall apart again.