Part 9

|5 years later|

"Um.. Tylia, honey?" I was stirring the rice in the pan when my husband called for me. I stopped stirring and rinsed my hands off, drying it on the towel I had near the sink.

"Yes, Kossy?" I exited out of the kitchen and went towards the living room.

"Why are there newspapers all over the floor?" He asked, genuinely confused. I went up behind him and hugged him from behind.

"Becauseee, I have a surprise for you." I kissed his cheek.

"You know I don't like surprises, Tylia." He turned around in my arms and wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me as close to him as he could.

"I know baby, but... You'll like this one." I bit my lip and he sighed. "I promise."

He kissed my nose and let go of me. "Okay, baby. I trust you. Only because so far, the surprises you have for me turn out to be great." He smiled. "When am I going to find out about this surprise?"

"Whenever Kalum shows up." I giggled. "Well, technically.. baby..." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "It's.. three surprises?" He scoffed.

"'Three surprises' she says." He started headed towards the exit of the living room.

"Heyyyy, where you goingggg." I whined and followed him.

"I'm going to take a shower, baby. I'm all dirty." I grabbed his arm, stopping him. He sighed, turning to face towards me. "Yes, baby?"

I ran my hand down his chest and stomach, slowly, to his belt loops and brought him closer to me. I brought our lips together in a slow kiss. "I love you, Kosmos." I said, pulling away from the kiss.

"Lady. I swear, you will be the death of me." He put his hand on my cheek and caressed it with his thumb. I giggled, then the doorbell rang.

"Go to the living room, honey." I said, moving away from him.

"Tyliaa." He whined.

"Komosss. Go nowww."

He groaned and dragged himself to the living room.

I hurried and made my way to the front door and opened it, seeing Kalum, with his hands full of gifts and a small dog cage. "Where is he?" He whispered.

"Living room," I giggled. I saw Chris, Kalum's husband, standing behind him with the three of their kids, Justin, Hunter, and Blake. Kayla, my cousin, and Freddie, her husband, with their kids, Melanie and Corey, same with Tyler and Jazmine and their kid, Layla. Also seeing mom and dad, with the second surprise. Kalum stepping inside the house and everyone else followed suit. I had Tyler, Jazmine, Kayla, Freddie, Chris and the kids go inside the living room since they didn't have anything.

I instantly heard Kosmos greet them. I closed and locked the door, then turned to my family. Kalum, you're up first. I'm gonna call you and you come, okay?" He nodded. "And mom and dad, you're gonna come when u call for you after Kalum, okay?" They nodded. Great, everyone understood. "Just like we practiced.

I walked into the living room and saw Kosmos laugh at something Chris said.

"Baby." I bit my lip. Kosmos looked at me, then stood up.