Chapter one: Divergent

(This is a Divergent no war fanfiction, no one dies except Al)
Tris POV
I wake up to the sound of crying.

Molly. I think immediately.

Molly, my eight year old daughter, has been waking up constantly with nightmares for two weeks now. Tobias and I have been considering taking her to the dauntless nurse, but at this point we think it might be nessesscary.

"Are you alright sweetheart?" I ask her. "I- I had the same nightmare again." She replies with a sniff. My heart clenches. I hate to see her like this. "Will you stay here for the rest of the night?" She begs. " I don't want to be alone.

" Of course, Molly. I won't leave your bedside no matter what." She hugs me gratefully. I move closer to her bed and rest my head right next to hers.

" I love you Mol." I whisper to her. "I love you too mommy." She whispers back as she falls asleep.

I stay true to my word and don't leave her side all night.

By the time I wake up, my back and neck are aching, and it is 9:00. Thank goodness we don't have work today, or we would have been super late.

I stand up, stretch, and walk into mine and Tobias' room. "Tobias!" I whisper shout. "Ughhhh" He replies. "Tobais, get up!" I say more seriously. "Fiiiinne" he says, drawing out the i. "What should we do about Molly?" I ask him. "What about Molly?" He asks sleepily. "Her nightmares! In the past two weeks she's already had them eleven times! That's three nights without nightmares in two weeks, Tobias. Something's wrong." I say, tears in my eyes.

I'm remembering her face from last night, tear soaked and full of fear. I hate, hate, hate seeing her like that. "I know." He replies and scratches the back of his neck. "I'll stay with Mol, you go talk to Marlene about an appointment, and try to make it as soon as possible." "I will," I tell him. "I just hope she's okay" "Me t-" he's cut off by a cry from the other room.

"Mooooom!" Molly screamed. "I'll go check on her" I say. "Yes?" I ask her. " Where were you?" She asked. I had to talk to Daddy, Mol." "Okay." She sighs."Mummy, when will the nightmares stop?" "I don't know, sweetheart. I'm going to talk to your auntie Mar today to see what's wrong, 'kay?" "M 'kay mummy" I pull back her hair and kiss her forehead.

I get up, stretch and head to the shower. After my shower, I pull on black leggings, a tank top, and combat boots. "Bye!" I call to Molly and Tobais as I head out the door.

I dash through the Pit to the Dauntless nurse's. Right at the check in is Mar. "Hey" I say. "Hi Tris, what can I do for you" She replies. "Oh, well Molly has been having these nightmares for the past few weeks, do you think you can help?" I ask. " 'Course Tris." She says. " She can come over now if you want" "Really? Thanks, Mar!" I text Tobias.
(Tris in bold, Tobias in italic)

Can you come to the Dauntless hospital? Bring Molly.

Sure. What for?

Mar say she can squeeze Molly in now

That's great I'll be right there

Bye

Bye

Tobais is here ten minutes after I texted him.

"Right through here." Mar motions to a room. "Sit right there." Mar says, patting a cot. "M 'kay" Molly says. Mar connects wires to her head and Molly's. "I'm going to inject you with this, okay?" She says, taking out a large syringe. "I guess" Molly replies. She is so brave. Most eight year olds would be screaming at the sight of a needle that big. Mar positions the needle and pushes it in her neck. Tears slowly slide out of Molly's blue - gray eyes. My eyes. "I need you to go to sleep, 'kay?" Mar says. "Uh huh" Molly replies, drying her eyes. She lays down and closes her eyes. We wait a few minutes until "She's asleep" Mar says. "Okay, can you tell what's wrong? Tobais asked her. "Let's see....." Mar says. She's looking on a small screen.

She gasps and slaps a hand to her mouth. "What? What is it?" I ask. Oh god, what could be wrong, what was making my little girl have these nightmares? "She's well, she's a um a precog." "A what?" Tobais asks " A precog," Marlene replies." Someone that dreams the future. That's what nightmares are. The Erudite told us about them. There's only one other case."

"My brother" I say.

"How do you know?" Mar asks, confused. "When we were little, he had the same thing. The same nightmare over and over again." I reply. "Oh" She says. " So..... what do about it?" Tobais asks, breaking the silence. "Well, there's a medication she can take. It won't stop the visions, but it will make them less frequent." Marlene says.

"Thanks so much, Mar." I say gratefully. "I love to help" She replies, shrugging. Tobais picks up Molly. "We're going to go to the Dauntless pharmacy to get the medication, 'kay?" Tobais says, walking out the door. "Thanks again, Mar." I call to her as I walk out.

I hope my baby's okay.