Chapter 14

"U-um er nothing?" I manage to stutter out.

Tris looks at me reproachfully. "Yeah. Sure."

I exhale and try to think of a good lie. "Your.... Alternate-universe futures? Like if the war did happen? It's , um, not good."

She nods. "Oh, alright. I thought it was going to be worse! I'll let you two go back to whatever you were doing before."

They leave and I exhale. Katniss nudged me. "You really should tell them, y'know."

I nod. "I will....eventually."

Just then I hear a loud honk from the driveway. My face pales. My parents sometimes did this. Came home early as a surprise. But today was not a good day for that. None of them will be, at least not until everyone gets back home. But do I really want them to go back?

I'm awoken from my thoughts when Katniss says quietly "Myra? Who's here?"

And that's when I go into full panic mode. I start to round everyone up, telling them to get in the tent (which has a disillusionment charm on it) immediately.

By some miracle, they all make it inside in time.  Well, not everyone. Margo Potter was nowhere to be seen.

I rack my mind to where she might be, and it comes to me almost immediately. She's with Isabelle.

I frantically to rush inside, up the stairs, and into her bedroom. "Myrie!" They both smile at my arrival.

"Margo, c'mon." I pick the small girl up, and dash back downstairs, across the yard, and shove her into her mother's arms, who immediately takes her and gets back into the tent.

I sigh in relief.

Little did I know, someone was peeking through the fence.