New family

Andrew's POV

So I was working on my car while Sophia and mom were bonding. I get a call from an unknown number.

Me: Hello?

Unknown caller: Is this Andrew Nugteren?

Me: Who's asking?

Unknown caller: This is Sophia's dad. Drew

Me: Ah so you must be my so called dad?

Drew: Yeah.

Me: Why are you calling now after so many years?

Drew: Well it's a long story.

I walk inside and put him on hold.

Me: Soph. Your dad is on the line.

Sophia get's up and takes him off hold.

Sophia: Hey dad. Yes I'm fine. I left you the note cause you don't respond to my calls nor text's. Know what screw you! I'm moving in with these guys cause they treat me with more respect and love me. Fine. I'll have Andrew come get my stuff. If you even touch my stuff I will sue you.

She start crying as she hang's up on him. I put the car in the garage and close it as I get in her car. She showed me where everything was when we looked at it when he wasn't home.

*two hours pass*

I pulled up when he was gone. I grabbed her stuff and packed them into the vw bus and trailer. It took almost all day. So I spent the night at a cheap motel. I left a note saying if he threatens or try to call her I'd call the FBI for the child porn on his laptop. Which he has on his laptop. I called the police about and they said they'll do something about it. I call Sophia to tell her.

Me: Ya I got pretty much everything. 

Sophia: Did you Professor Jim. My pet lizard?

Me: He passed away. I'm sorry sis.

Sophia: It's ok. Knew he wouldn't take care of him.

Me: I can buy another if you want?

Sophia: Maybe. Thank you tho. Where are you now?

Me: A cheap motel half way home. Too tired to drive all the way home.

Sophia: Thank you for everything. You didn't have to do that.

Me: Anything for family.

We said good bye and I passed out sleeping.