12

Ukraine hugged herself as she took long strides through the forest. She didn't know where to go, but one place; the FA camp.

Ukraine wondered what she'd say when she got there. It wasn't the time to meet up with Canada just yet, but she remembered what he had said - she was always welcome. And, since she needed to cool off from her argument with Russia, she thought seeing her friend would be good for her.

She watched her surroundings pass. Ukraine knew she was close, wiping away any tears that were left over from moments ago.

Ukraine heard distant voices near, she hesitated to go any further once she saw one of the buildings. But, swallowing her nervousness down, she took a deep breath in, and kept moving forward.

Once she'd seen the people on the camp, she shrunk down - there were many, a bustling crowd of innocents. Even so, Ukraine knew that if she needed to find Canada, she'd need to check each of the buildings. So, she went against her will, and stepped into the crowd.

Immediately, Ukraine was pushed around, lost. As she tried to near one of the buildings, she felt as though she was only being pushed further away, she reached for the place she wanted - needed - to be.

Then, someone grasped her shoulder, and pulled her back, spinning her around, and held both of her arms. They pulled her backwards, into one of the buildings.

Ukraine looked up, to see a familiar face. One with a maple leaf on it.

"W-what are you doing here?" Canada stuttered, sounding both stressed and glad at the same time, "Did something happen? Do you need any help?"

"Calm down, calm down," Ukraine giggled, as Canada released her from his grip, "I only had an argument with my brother. I need to cool off."

Canada softened, as he leaned against his desk behind him, "Stay for as long as you need to, eh? I'm just dealing with a lot right now, sorting out tons of different things."

"Can I help in any way?" Ukraine asked, standing beside Canada, "Because if it involves anything physical, I can come in handy?"

"Nah, I don't think.." Canada trailed off, then an idea popped into his mind, "Actually, I'm gonna explain my current situation, you could be a huge help."

Ukraine looked up to him, pushing her flower crown out of her eyes slightly. Canada quickly looked away, before he looked up, and to the doorway. He didn't want to risk anything.

"I gotta move the camp quickly," Canada muttered, "The Restoration is closing in, there's a traitor in the camp, who was my close friend, and I don't have anyone to guard us when we're moving. Normally I'd rely on America and some of his friends, but America's not here, and his friends won't do anything without him around."

"America.." Ukraine murmured, looking down to the floor, remembering hers and Russia's argument about him earlier.

'I cannot remember the last time you ever wanted to help me or Belarus.'

Ukraine huffed. She would help. Maybe not her 'siblings', but someone who actually liked her.

"Eh?" Canada tapped her on the shoulder, "Did you say something?"

Ukraine jumped, and quickly shook her head. Canada hummed, then sighed.

"So, do you think you could help me out?" Canada asked. Ukraine hesitated.

"Sure," She agreed, "But I need a gun. Actually, two, if you want everyone to come out of it alive."

Canada chuckled, "Of course. Make sure you don't shoot any of my people, yeah?"

Ukraine grinned, and playfully hit Canada over the shoulder, "Of course not. I'm only the best shot ever, by the way, everyone will survive when I'm around."

"You do you," Canada nodded to her. Then, an awkward silence broke between them, before Canada looked down to Ukraine. She had a relaxed expression - much more relaxed compared to her expression when she got there. "What was your argument about?"

Ukraine stared at the floor, "I don't want to talk about it."

Canada placed a hand in her shoulder gently, and bent down to look into her eyes - properly, this time.

"Tell me," He said, in the most comforting voice possible, "You can trust me."

Ukraine nodded the tiniest bit.

"My brother thought I didn't help around our place enough," Ukraine started, "And what I was doing at that point, hunting, there was only a chance to be useful. He said that I'm not friendly."

"Bull," Canada growled lowly, "You're kind, from what you've told me, you're an amazing shot, and hell, hunting is hard."

Ukraine managed to laugh, an almost unnoticeable smile across her face.

"Why did the argument start?" Canada asked,  tilting his head. Ukraine hesitated. It took her a few moments before she could reply.

"So, we can agree we will move the camp before we do anything else?" Ukraine asked.

"Of course," Canada had promised, before he sighed, "And we're not changing the conversation."

Ukraine nodded, "It's apart of it. Because I don't want you running down, my shotgun is still there, and so is my brother who knows how to use it."

"Why would I want to go down there?" Canada furrowed his brows, chuckling nervously in the middle of his sentence.

"Where's your search party looking?" Ukraine looked up to Canada, his face one of confusion.

"Around the waterfall," Canada spoke uneasily, "Why exactly do you need to know this?"

"They're not even close," Ukraine placed her palm on her forehead, with a fake smile present.

"Ukraine-"

"Let me finish," Ukraine stopped him. She paused yet again. "So, my brother is a really open person to guests, he's super polite when he wants to be."

Canada frowned, unsure of where this was going.

"And recently, we've had a new visitor," She trembled slightly, "Russia suddenly got really protective over this new visitor. The visitor is seriously injured, he's really confident.."

Canada held his breath in. He felt as though he knew where this was going, what Ukraine would say.

"Canada, you said your brother's name was America?" Ukraine muttered as Canada nodded slowly, "Don't run straight into the area, please, remember that Russia will shoot you without hesitation. Like I said, he's suddenly really protective."

"I won't, I won't!" Canada spat out quickly.

"Well, Russia protective over, well, America. America's safe, he's with Russia. For all I know, Russia would murder me to keep him safe. I wouldn't worry about him too much."

(Quick IMPORTANT A/N: Pleaaaassee don't ask for the story to update every few minutes, it's adding to my stress that I already have irl. I've updated the story twice today, I'm gonna take a small break off writing this one, hopefully update it in the  weekends. Sorry bout that, it's just that it's super stressful and it's kinda guilt tripping me. But, I give you all full permission to scream at me if I haven't update this by Sunday.

- Cactipri)