Chapter 11

(Briar's POV)

Briar wiped the sweat off her forehead as she handed pink heart-shaped mini boxes over to Cupid, who handed them to Hopper to place them in a big black trolley-like bag.

They were almost done packing the cakes, and the Delivery Seagull flapped his wings and flew out of site.

"Thanks so much Mr. Seagull!" She waved.

They didn't notice the Head come out of one of the back doors of the school.

"Briar Beauty, may I ask what exactly is going on here?" He asked sternly.

"Uh oh," Cupid whispered, looking anywhere else but at him.

Briar's mind went blank. "Um, I uh, we were taking these—"

"They for a her Book-to-School party, Sir." Hopper quickly said, thanking his inner frog for the rescue.

Grimm arched his brow. "You didn't organise it yet?"

"N-no, not yet." Cupid carried out the lie. "This delivery took ages so we had to wait."

"Oh, and are the staff allowed to pop in? When is it?"

"Of course you're allowed to come, but aren't you busy this week Sir?" Briar asked politely, wanting to use his busy day as the target.

"Oh yes, I just remembered. I'm having a very important MirrorCast on Wednesday evening."

"Oh no," Cupid pretended, "that's when we're having it. Since you said yourself that we can't have a THD party—"

"THD?" The head said, confused.

"True Hearts Day, Sir." Briar said. "We're having it on True Hearts Day, and maybe we'll spellebrate it as well."

"Well, okay then, I shall see you soon." He went back into the school.

"You guys are bad liars, if I wasn't the son of the Frog Prince, I know Apple was gonna be grumpy the rest of this year for not having a THD party." He reminded them.

"I guess it's a thank you then, Mr. Croakington." Briar said.

"You're welcome." He said, glowing with pride.
They hurried into the forest with the bag of cakes.

                            🔑

(Duchess's POV)

Duchess floated gracefully on the surface of a lake. She loved her alone time; it wasn't like she had any real friends to keep her company.

But it's not that people dislike her, it's that she dislikes them. She is the only non-villain who doesn't have a Happily Ever After in the whole school. She knew that yes, and before she used to accept her fate.

But now she is fed up, and willing to snatch every person's Happily Ever After away so they don't have one either. But at the same time, she will not rewrite her destiny because it just shows she is a true villain.

The Black Swan, as the head calls her when she's done some bad.

She began to sing to herself.

Duchess:

I am a princess
no one can take that right
But if they agonize me
I shall destroy them with spite.

No one can dare sneer at me
I have the power to evict them
Once they all know I am queen
They will bow their idiotic little heads

In respect, for, me!

She ended with a dramatic evil laugh. Once she stopped, she transformed back to her human shape and walked into the bushes, grabbing her MirrorPhone and lavender-white-violet purse.