Sorrow and a Half Vampire

Hello and welcome to a new chapter. Please enjoy.

Katana closed his eyes as they filled with tears. He'd finally just been told about Kyo. He had died of the change. This is why everyone kept giving him worried looks and why Freddy had apologized. They had all known. All of them.

"Katana we were going to tell you. We were," Gabe expressed. "We needed you to get your thirst under control first in case you took off after hearing the news. I know you thought of Kyo as a little brother."

"Kyo. Kyo's gone," Katana kept saying over andover again to himself.

"Katana's really sad right now," Akira softly voiced out.

"Yes he's lost someone very close to him,"Freddy said with a small nod.

Katana's shoulders shook as he cried softly for Kyo who'd lost his humanity, his wellbeing and now his life. It wasn't fair Katana had been weak too he'd lost a lot of blood just as Kyo had after Lui fed off him. Why had he lived and not Kyo?

"Why?" he whispered wiping tears away, "why? I was just as weak as him. I'd lost a lot of blood. I suffered as bad as him. Why did I survive? Why?"

"Katana how old are you?" Zac asked.

"Sixteen," Katana replied.

"How old was Kyo?" Zac turned to Gabe.

"He was almost fifteen."

"I see."

"He was almost the same age I was when I turned," Freddy noted.

"Sometimes things like this happen. Sometimes the body just can't get through the change and rejects it. Freddy and Mick almost rejected the change too," Zac admitted.

"It wasn't you," Freddy comforted, "His body just wasn't strong enough while yours was."

"Barely," Gabe mentioned.

"I almost rejected the change?" Katana asked.

"Yes. For a while we thought we were going to lose you too," Gabe told him.

There was silence for a while after Gabe spoke.Katana struggled to come to terms with the loss of his friend. Everyone elsejust waited and gave him his space. After a while Katana's small, sad voice washeard again.

"What happened while Kyo and I were turning? Tell me everything."

Gabe sat in silence for a while. Then he turned to Zac who shrugged. It was Gabe's call now. He turned to Shinki who had stayed with Katana while he was turning and nodded. Shinki faced Katana directly and spoke just as softly as his friend had.

"After Gabe started turning you and Kyo he tookyou guys to your rooms. As you know I looked after you while he stayed with Kyo.The process was hard on both of you. You cried, moaned, shook, screamed andwhimpered. You almost stopped breathing too but I wouldn't let that happen. Atone point your fever hit one fourteen."

"I remember the pain and heat and the thirst. I remember you constantly talking to me which is why I stayed as calm as I did," Katana revealed, "I also remember passing out a lot."

"Yeah you did," Shinki remembered as Gabe tookover explaining things.

"Kyo wasn't much better. He shook from the change and from fever too. His breathing got weaker and weaker. His fever got a bit higher than yours at one seventeen. He stopped breathing once but I revived him. Things started looking good when his fever started lowering. He cried out a lot though."