Chapter Seven

Michaels POV

I watched as Sam's beautiful face backed away from me, her light blue eyes widened in horror.

Shit

"Michael, What why did you do that?" She was shouting. She stood up and ran out of the room.
"I'm sorry, I just-" I was interrupted by the door slamming shut.

What had I done? What the hell was I thinking? Sam had been my best friend as long as I remembered. And I had ruined everything. I put my face in my hands.

I heard the door open again and lifted my head up hoping to see Sam standing there, but instead Calum stormed in, a huge smile on his face.

"Best day EVER, seriously Michael, I just went out to get a coke from the vending machine and it gave me TWO for the price of ONE, No joke, it just gave me two cokes"
I stared at Calum, unsmiling. He noticed and sat down next to me.

"Hey whats up?" He asked. I could tell that he genuinely cared for what I had to say. This was one of the many reasons I loved having Calum around.

"I kissed Sam"

"Shit" said Calum.

"Thats all you've got to say?"

"Well I don't really know what else to say, Mike, have you tried talking too her?"

"No, it literally happened like 5 minutes ago"

"Im sure she would understand"

"Thanks, Cal" I sighed with a small smile.

"Hey mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want a coke?"

To answer his question, I stared at him until he stood up.

"I'll go and order some pizza, mate, don't worry about it" he smiled, patting me on the back and walking out.
I began pacing the room.

I remember when I first met Sam. It was in Year 1 and I was just starting school. Most people dont remember events this young, but I do. Because of her. She was sitting there, on the school bench. Most of the other children stood with their parents. But not her. She sat with a book, alone. I was five years old, but I knew what beautiful was. And she was. I remember walking away from my parents towards the girl. She didnt look at me at first, as if needing to finish her the sentence in her book. Finally, she did, and her light blue eyes met mine.

"Hello" she said, clearly.

"H-hi" I muttered. We were silent for a few moments, but it wasn't an awkward silence.

"Whats your name?" The girl asked.

"Michael" I said "Whats yours?"

"Samantha" she said "You can call me Sam if you want"

"Thats a boys name"

"No its not"

"Yes it is"

And we were friends. We were friends right through first school and middle school. Then the un thinkable happened. When we were twelve, Sam's Dad left. He was just gone. No one else could reach her. She was broken. But I could. So I had to. I would hug her when she cried. I would speak when she needed words, I would be quiet when she didn't. I was there. Always. When my uncle died she was there. She had always been there. I needed her and she needed me, and we had each other. So many memories. I remember our prom when we were fifteen, Sam had sworn she wouldn't come because she had to revise. I remember sitting at the table, wearing a ridiculous tuxedo. And then someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to see Sam standing there grinning at me. She was wearing a long light blue dress, the same colour as her eyes. Her hair was down over her shoulders and wavy, just past her elbows.

"Care to dance?" She said, holding out her hand. I laughed and took it, inwardly thanking god for blessing me with such an amazing girl.