Prologue

You stood in front of your god-sister, smiling as she bashfully looked at your attire. Your (e/c) orbs twinkling as she touched the fabric of your clothes. 

"(Y/N)-neesama, you look so beautiful." Yona complimented you. 

You giggled, brushing back her beautiful red hair, "You as well."

The door opened and sure enough the Emperor came in. You quickly bowed your head in respect, and Yona followed suit. 

"Father." Yona said, "You came by early!"

Emperor II laughs joyously, "Of course. How can I miss giving my blessing to my goddaughter?"

You accepted his hand, kissing the back of it. He pulled you up into a tight hug. "I can't believe that you are already getting married."

You scratched your cheeks, and admitted as well, "Me too."

Yona giggled behind her hands, "Doesn't she look gorgeous, father?"

"Of course. Don't you think so, Hak?"

A tall boy was kneeling behind the Emperor. You met eyes with the infamous guard of your godsister, "Yes, Emperor II. Nobody in the entire empire can match the beauty of the infamous Lady (Y/N)."

Yona pouts, and you shook your head, a cheeky grin on your face, "Still smooth with your words, Hak?"

Before any of you guys could fall into a conversation, the servants came inside the room and started ushering people out of the room. Your head maid, Sakuto, began placing the last bit of jewelries in your hair. 

You closed your eyes and tried to calm your nerves. Unlike the rest of your friends, you didn't have much choice in the status of your husband. 

They had to come from a prominent background otherwise, your late father would have thrown a fit. As well as your mother. 

"Alright, My Lady," Sakuto said out loud, "Shall we head out to your wedding?"

You nodded your head, and the door opened to Yona and Soo-won. Both royalty's fell silence when they saw you in your full attire. Your cheeks flared up, feeling a little self-conscious. 

"(Y/N)-neesama!" Yona yelled, torn between jumping on you or just staring at you with open eyes. "You look so beautiful!"

"Lady (Y/N)." Soo-won smiled at you gently, taking your hand and respectfully placing a kiss behind your hand. "You look stunning, what a lucky man the general is."

You gave a fake laugh. Honestly, you didn't even know who the hell was the general but since your father had entrusted the Emperor to pick your husband, you really couldn't do much. 

At the Wedding

The red veil was placed on you, covering your face. You smiled at the Emperor. 

"(Y/N)."

"Yes, Your Majesty?" You replied softly as the music began to play and Yona was nowhere to be seen. 

"I..." The Emperor trailed off. "Your father would have been happy."

"I know." 

You both began to walk down the aisle. You could see the silhouette of your future husband. A rip scream ripped through your ears and suddenly the weight on your right arm became heavier and sure enough the Emperor had fallen. 

Everyone started panicking and screaming. You pushed back your veil and everyone pushing pass you. Someone grabbed you by the arm. 

"Sakuto?"