Chapter 5

"Are you sure you can carry me?" You gently asked Yoon. 

Yoon glared at you, "Don't think I'm weak. I think I can carry you just fine!" 

You backed off, a pretty smile on your face as Hak lifted Yona into her arms. Yoon slowly picked you up and you were surprised to find that he didn't stagger, "I'm pretty sure I could have passed off with no problems."

"Better safe than sorry." Yoon replied and he walked up to an old lady. You met eyes with Hak, he was grinning at you and you winked back at him. He lifted his hand in an attempt to hit you on the head but thankfully, the old lady got his attention. 

His cheeks were dusting over. 

After a couple of minutes of walking, Yoon finally let you down but Yona was somewhere, getting annoyed at everything as she curled her hands into a fist. 

You giggled, and you made a move to get going but someone grabbed you by your hand. 

"Yona?" You called out. 

"Will the soldiers attack us...? Again?" She whispered. 

You all stared at her and a grin spreads over your lips and you started ruffling her hair and she gave you a pout, "Don't worry. Hak will deal with it!"

"Yeah, I'll manage." Hak agreed on the side. 

"I'm so weak, can you protect me too?" Yoon added in. 

You laughed, hugging Yoon's arm causing the boy to blush, "I'll protect you."

Hak separated you two, bringing Yoon to his side, "I'll protect him too. You deal with yourself."

Your mouth fell open and you shook your head, following the trio not too far behind. Yona suddenly turned around, a determined look on her pretty face, "I need to learn swordsmanship!"

Hak's eyes widen and you continued to walk with Yoon, only stopping when you knew where the conversation was going. Yoon gave you a puzzled look. 

You pushed Hak, "Yona."

"(Y/N)-neesama?" Her eyes blinked at you. 

You could see how tense Hak was, but you focused your attention on Yoon, "Can you kill a person?"

Her eyes widen. Hak grabbed your wrist as if either to stop you or to comfort himself. You continued, pressing at her heart, "Can you make a person's heart stop beating?"

You stepped back from the pair, "I suppose, it's not so bad to learn a little self-defense, right Hak?"

He tore his eyes from Yona and gave you a nod. You and Yoon sat by the tree trunk and watch Hak teach Yona how to shoot an arrow. You laugh when Yona decided that Hak couldn't be a good teacher. 

You dusted yourself, and came behind Yona. You drew the bow, holding her hand alongside yours, "Draw the bow without shaking and then put all your strength into it. Then....shoot."

You both let go of the arrow, and it pinned at the bird. 

Hak whistled, a satisfied smirk on his face. You shot him a peace sign before Yona turned around and hugged you out of gratitude. 

You guys finally continued your journey, every night, stopping to rest. Most of the time, you kept Hak company before he would purposefully knock you unconscious. 

Your (e/c) eyes open when you heard a commotion and Yoon came back to your side. 

"What's happening?" You asked Yoon, rolling over and your clothes slipped off.