Chapter 1

Your chest hurts. Your breathing coming in unevenly so when you guys finally decided to stop by after walking so long into the forest, you finally got the chance to take off your clothes. 

"Oi!" Hak yelled, cheeks burning up when he saw you start to strip off, "What are you doing?!" 

"Taking off my clothes." You replied. 

"W-well, yes but why?!" 

Yona chuckled softly in the corner. She was still overwhelmed by the whole situation but she was getting better by the second. 

"They're dragging me down." You took off another layer until you were left in the last layer of your clothes. They were thin and white and a small drop of water would immediately make the cloth transparent. Fortunately, they were free from any blood stain. You dropped all your clothes to the corner of the tree and hid them.

"Hak...(Y/N)-neesama..." Yona called out loud. "Why...did Soo-won want to kill me but not you?"

Hak stood tense. You tilt your head to the side, "Because you have the potential to create a uprising, Princess."

"What?"

You sighed, and Hak grabbed your hand to refrain you from speaking anymore. You glared at the older boy, "Stop babying her, Hak. As a Princess, it's her duty to understand her responsibilities."

His lips tighten into a straight line, "Lady (Y/N), now is not the time. You're going too far. She just lost her entire life."

"So did I, General Hak, if you haven't notice." You coldly replied. You and Hak exchange eye contact for a while before he let out a defeated sigh but he didn't let go of your hand until you shook him off, but not before squeezing it to assure him.

You squat down in front of the princess, "Unlike you, Yona. I belong to the only minor senior branch of the royal family and as the only child, I am sort of an important piece in this game. If someone, let's say, Soo-won, your cousin, marries me, and you, Yona, decided not to have children. Then by the royal laws, Soo-won's and my children will ascend up the throne. Even if you end up having children, Soo-won's and my children will still have legitimate claim to the throne and can be overthrow the next person who sits on the throne just as long as our children get the right support."

Her eyes widen, mouth opening. "T-then, why did father marry you off to a general?"

Hak looked away, and Yona saw it. Her lips tremble, "Did you know, Hak?"

"Of course he knows." You replied, "This is what aristocrats are like. Children are nothing but pawns to them and like others, I am a pawn. I was planned to be marry off to a non-royal in order to prevent future uprising. Your father intended to wipe off the minor senior royal branch in order to prevent future uprising during your reign."

"(Y-Y/N)-neesama..." Yona's voice came broken, "I-I didn't know, I would have never have allowed it if..."

You smiled, rubbing her head affectionately, and Yona slowly began to snore off. You stood up and Hak stared at you coldly. 

"That was uncalled for, (Y/N)." Hak said, his back against the tree trunk.

Your lips trembled, and you pressed your forehead against his chest, and his hands pulled you into a hug. Your eyes began to grow wetter and before you knew it, you were sobbing into his chest. 

"Idiot." Hak softly whispered, kissing the top of your head, wrapping his arms around your tiny body.

You turn your head up, beautiful (e/c) orbs seemingly to glow and Hak could feel his breath hitch. You gave him a watery smile, and his heart skipped a beat. He knocked your head and you gave him a pout.