Chapter 4

You woke up tired and exhausted, winching as you tried to sit up but a cold hand pressed you back down onto the bed. 

"Stay down." The voice said. You blinked your eyes trying to remember the familiar voice. Your brain wrecking itself before a name appeared, Yoon. 

"(Y/N)-neesama!" Yona shouted, her face appearing in front of you, her eyes getting wetter with the collecting tears. 

You chuckled fondly, "Don't start crying on me, Yona."

"Idiot. Why would you take the damage of the fall?" Hak appeared beside you, and he held your hand. 

"I would let you guys continue but I seriously need to change her bandages." Yoon said, holding up a bucket of water. 

Both Hak and Yona moved away to let the boy start taking off your bandages. Both pair looked away and a teasing smile came on your face, despite the aching pain you felt. 

"It's nothing you guys haven't seen before."

"(Y/N)-neesama!" Yona's cheeks lit up. Hak was spluttering in the corner. Yoon's laughter echoed in the house and you grinned at the boy. He finished re wrapping new bandages around your wounds before you tilt your head over, and took his hands into yours, your lips descending down to the back of his hand. 

"Thank you." 

You met his blue eyes, and he jerked back, his face growing uncontrollably red. You finally turn to the unknown man that's been standing there, watching the whole thing. He was covered in mud but somehow you had a feeling that you've seen the blond man before. 

You squinted your eyes, taking his appearance and he suddenly got closer to you. You instinctively brushed his bangs out of the way and was greeted by violet eyes. 

"Ik-soo?" You called out softly. 

"Lady (Y/N)!" He was about to hug you before Yoon pulled him back. 

"Don't jump on her. She's injured!" Yoon scolded. 

"B-but, it's been so long since I last saw her." Ik-soo whined. 

You chuckled, and Yona and Hak were both staring at you two. You finally decided to humour them, "This is Ik-soo. We met when I was still a young child. He was working under the old priest before uncle Yu-Hon oppressed him."

They both flinched

They both flinched. But, you didn't pay much attention to everyone else but Ik-soo. You reached to grab the collar of his dirty attire, "What's up with your clothes?"

He pouts, "You know my job is to convey the words of God."

Yoon appeared behind him with a bowl of soup, and he passed it to you. Yoon crossed his arms, and scoffed, "You don't even have a job. You do nothing but kneel."

You giggled, doubling over when the pain pricked you hard. Yoon shook his head, and took the bowl from you. He started feeding you and you could feel the pricking stare from Hak and Yona as you obediently opened your mouth and ate the soup.