chapter 7

Carlisle Cullen was known as a patient and caring man. After centuries of spending time with him his family had not once seen him angry. Not even the slam of a door after a rough day.

Two days after Mallory was discharged from forks hospital that persona was destroyed. The blonde vampire had finally gotten a hold of Mallory's medical records. Only they were worse than he imagined. He found it almost impossible to believe that the file on his hand matched someone as innocent as Mallory. It might as well have been a list of torture methods.

Coming home the first thing he did was slam the door and storm into his study to hopefully calm down. The sight had made them all jump in surprise. For the first time ever Carlisle Cullen was mad and they had no idea what to do about it.

The family gathered in the living room each awkwardly looking at each other.

"Maybe I should go talk to him"Esme offered looking at her children scattered around the room."I'll be right back" she said nervously before leaving the room.

Wordlessly the remaining 'children' looked at Edward for an explanation. "I'm gonna go see Bella" he mumbled getting up off the sofa only to be shoved back by Rosalie. Met with Emmett and Alice by her side. Jasper had his ear up to Carlisles office door

"Anything we should know Eddie" Rosalie glared down at him.

"You can't hit me I'm holding a cat" Edward said quickly holding Reggie as a sheild.

"Don't use Jasper's baby to get out of this. No matter how delicious he seems" Emmett defended in Jasper's honor.

"They're talking about Mallory's drug problem okay" Edward said uninterested."I'm going now" Edward said. He didn't even like Mallory very much anyway.

"Ssshhhh" Jasper whispered trying to listen. "There talking about her medical file".

"So you lied to us" Rosalie growled at Edward.

"Why do you even care you hate Bella" he retorted.

"And I like Mallory" the blonde woman said a lot little too sweetly.

"I CAN HEAR ALL OF YOU FROM IN HERE. NOW STOP HARASSING EDWARD. JASPER IF YOUR SO WORRIED JUST GET IN HERE" Carlisle hollered from his office making them jump.

************************************

"Dad do you think I'm capable of cooking crystal meth" Mallory asked Charlie as he walked through the from door coming home from work.

He froze at the doorway not expecting to be asked such a thing. "W-eell sweetie I thing you can do anything you put your mind to just please don't do that" he answered. He took the seat across from her.

"Walter White said it was just basic chemistry" Mallory muttered , thinking of what she would need.

"Mallory we need to talk about your drug habits" Charlie started, wishing he had a beer or something stronger. "I know we have an agreement of no needles a-"

"And nothing up my nose" Mallory finished smiling.

"But the pills and smoking have got to stop" he said firmly. Watching the smile come of her face to be replaced by fear. She didn't want the voices to come back again.

"Now I know this is going to be hard but we are going to do this as a family" Charlie said getting worried since she hasn't moved in a while.

"So no pills or smoking"Mallory repeated nodding her head at what he was saying."can I still eat it, like if I put the weed in brownies" she asked starting to lighten up a little.