Chapter Twentynine

"So, Elizabeth has befriended me..." Remus states.
"I've noticed." I remark.
"You told her to."
"Yep."
"Thanks, but no thanks." He says uneasily.
"What?"
"Thanks for trying to help me, but... Elizabeth is clingy. Flirtatious." He says uncomfortably, pulling grass out of the ground (did I mention that we were in our spot by the Willow? I don't think so).
"I know."
"You aren't-" He starts to say, but I cut him off.
"UGH!" I exclaim, "I just had this conversation with Lily yesterday! I am not jealous at all. I know you'd never do that to me..."
"I won't." Remus admits.
"Then why are you worried about me being jealous?" I question. It's a valid point.
"I don't want to make you uncomfortable."
"Well, I'm not."
"Good."
"Very." I agree. "You understand why I did it, right? I can't stand you being alone, Remus. And I couldn't find anyone to take up the job... Until I thought of Elizabeth. I knew she'd be more than willing. So I offered, and as expected, she accepted. I knew the risks, but I also knew something else: that you wouldn't hurt me like that, especially because of all I've been through. And I knew that if you wanted to hurt me, you wouldn't use her to do it. And I was right." I say proudly. "But... I'm curious. Not jealous, but curious. Do you find Elizabeth... attractive," I have to force the word out of my mouth, "at all?"
Immediately, without the slightest bit of hesitation he answers, "No."
"Good." I whisper.
Remus thinks for a while. Then he finally decides to say, "I know this sounds cheesy... Like some romance novel, but, you're the only one, Bria. God, that's cheesy."
"That's okay," I admit, "I like cheesy."
And just like any cheesy romance novel, you know what happens. And don't be thinking dirty, becausethat didn't happen. Perverts.