•25•

Thank you all for 11k reads ALREADY wthh 😣❤️

PS this chapter kinda hit different for me I don't know about you 🤧

Elle-

"Max?" My jaw fell open.

Payton didn't answer, he closed his eyes, leaning against the wall.

"Wait, really?!" This isn't actually happening.

I'll finally know who Max is, why he sent me to Payton to keep me safe, why I haven't heard of him before.

"Don't get your hopes up," Payton says, not meeting my eyes.

"You're one to tell me that," I snap.

Why is he so edgy? It's like he doesn't like Max.

Why wouldn't he like Max though?

"When next week?"

"Sunday, I'll have someone pick something for you to wear." He headed for the door.

"Wait."

Payton's hand stayed on the handle, he didn't around. "What?"

"Nothing." I looked down.

He left.

Come back, my heart begged.

Why do I even try? This is all he ever does, like he has two sides to him.

One that makes me feel so safe and loved, and the other that makes my heart throb and makes me ache.

"Fuck you," I say, wishing he didn't do this to me.

I get up from off of the bed, and I was about to start walking towards the door when a paper slowly fell to the floor from Payton's desk.

The window was open, letting in a cool breeze that swept my hair to a side.

I walked to the paper, kneeling down to pick it up. I held the paper in my hands, and looked at it.

I know Payton hates it when I go through his stuff, but he should keep it better locked up.

I pick up the page and look at it, my heart shattering reading every one of the words.

"Her eyes are the deepest ocean I've drowned in. For the first time in a very long time, I could feel that same old fire in me start to burn."

I closed my eyes and swallowed back the certain hurt that came to me only when I thought of Payton.

The paper fell from my hands and I ran out of his room, running back into mine.

Nessa was gone, and I'm glad that she was, because I just needed this time to myself.

Me and my broken heart.

I keep on letting him lead me on, but it's just a play.

It's like I'll never be loved for who I am, I can get played so so easily.

It kinda hurts, you know.

Fuck this.

Time flew by, and the next thing I know it's midnight, and my heart was still aching, and Nessa had even asked me if I was okay.