•14•

"Ella." He knocked again.

I didn't answer. I leaned my head against the door. Should I open it?

Payton-

Open the door, Elle.

I hate seeing her in tears, I hate that I made her feel that way but I can't help myself. I need to. She needs to distance herself from me, and so do I. I know some other part of me is going to keep on hurting her over and over again. I hate this feeling that I get, I want it to end.

So why am I standing here, asking her to open the door if I want to distance myself from her?

I can't help it.

The way she smiles gets my heart leaping, her eyes make me want to wander through them, I wanna learn more about her, her blossoming pink lips, it makes me feel some way that I really can't describe. I hate it, I absolutely hate the way she makes me feel. It makes me useless, I'm useless against the spell she's casted upon me.

Elle-

"Open the door," he growled. I felt him leaning on the door.

"No," I whispered, grabbing my arms and pulling myself together.

"Elle, open this door if you don't want anyone to get hurt," he warned.

"Fuck you!" I slammed opened the door, and he almost fell which made me hold in my laugh that was threatening to come out.

Payton looked up and my voice got caught in my throat. Those eyes.... I wanted to cry. How could someone be so goddamn perfect??

He grabbed my face and....

And he didn't kiss me so don't get your hopes up 😑

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked.

I scoffed and tried to get out of his grip but he was too strong. He pushed me to the wall and asked me the question again.

"What's wrong with you?!"

"I should be asking you that question," I told him.

"Why?" Payton asked, getting closer to my face. His breath touched my skin and I felt electric shocks go down my spine.

"I hate you," I said, a huge block formed in my throat. My mind spun in circles. "Hate..." my voice broke off and I fell to the floor, tears springing in my eyes.

Payton got down to the floor with me and looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Elle, what-" I cut him off.

"Get your fucking bipolar nasty ass self out of here! I've had it with your games!!" I yell.

Payton eyes widen in shock as he looks me in the eye. He nods and leaves.

I bury my head in my knees.

I'm strong, I'm strong, I'm strong, I tell myself, but those were all just lies.

The door opened and I mumbled into my knees, "occupied."

The person came in anyways and sat down in the floor beside me, wrapping their arms around me.