Rebirth

LEGEND

Katniss=K          Peeta=P          Finn=F          Rose=R          Haymitch=H          Effie=E          Paige=PA          Hunter=HU       Gale=G            Arink=A        Marz=M         Matt=MA                  Gavin=GA    Abbigale=AB Sphere=S

R-Wake up! Wake up! It's time for school! You're going to be late!

I open my eyes. It's hard. Why are my eyes so heavy? Probably, because I was up all night studying for a stupid exam.

K-Finn, didn't you hear your sister?! You're going to be late for school!

F- Coming mom!

I run down the stairs, I stumble as I walk down to the last step and almost fall on buttercup. Our old cat, which, each time mother stares at him for too long, she starts crying. I didn't understand and I still don't understand. He moves away just in time for me not to fall on him. Poor cat, mother says, he's been through a lot.

As I walk towards the dining table, I see dad drinking tea while reading his newspaper. I'm curious to know what he's reading, probably about the other districts, I wonder what they are up to now.

As I eat my breakfast in a hurry, I ask my mother if there's any news about the president of Panem, since she's been very ill lately. She nods.

K-She passed away, last Friday.

P-They are selecting a new President today.

They see my reaction and knew that I wasn't expecting that.

I hurry upstairs and get my things ready for school. As I walk with Rose, I see Paige. This black hair, blue eyes girl walking with her brother.

She's very smart, always gets high grades in school, but she is mostly talented in science. She knows almost all of the most deadly plants and can make a difference between them and the good ones. Once, a boy in second grade almost ate nightlock, everyone knows the famous nightlock berries, but this innocent young boy who just came to school had no clue. Everyone didn't notice since he was far from everyone, while Paige just entered the school's gate. She screamed while everyone just stared at her. She threw the nightlock to the ground and told the young boy about those deadly and poisonous berries. The day after, she was named "the berry watcher" because she always seems to know if the berries are deadly or not.

Me and Rose walk up to the school's gate. We saw something unexpected. We see Haymitch Abernathy and Effie Trinkets on the stage and they don't look happy. They looked sorry.

H-Hello, we are happy to announce that the new president was selected, but we are sorry to share with you guys....that the Hunger Games will come back.

Everyone around is screaming in shock, some even started to cry. Me and Rose look around, very confused.

As we walk home, Rose looks worried, because we don't know what the Hunger Games are.

R-Why was everyone crying when the long haired man and the crazy dressed lady announced that the Hungry Games will start again?

F-Its the HUNGER Games Rose, and I don't know why they were crying, I have no idea what it is.

We head home and we see mother and father talking. Mother seemed like she was crying, her eyes are puffy red. Me and Rose just stare at them, and they realize that we came home.

K-Children, come sit with me and your father.

We don't say anything, but we come and sit on the chairs silently.

R-What is a hunger game?

P-Children, me and your mom owe you an apology.

K-We didn't tell you guys about the Hunger Games, because we didn't want to scare you, but we think you guys are old enough to know what they are. Especially, that they are coming back.

P-There are 24 tributes.

F-What are tributes?

P-Players.

F-Oh ok, why are they deadly?

K-Finn, shush and listen.

I frown because I don't understand why a game can be so serious.

P-As I was saying, there are 24 tributes and one winner. The other 23 will be dead.

R-Dead like eliminated right?

P-No dead, like will never revive.

I see Rose's reaction and I know she is afraid, the truth is, I am too.

F-How do you know if you are a tribute?

K-There will be a day of the reaping, they will put a certain number of pieces of paper with your name on it, depending on your age. 12 is the minimum and 18 is the maximum. 12, you only put one piece of paper with your name on it and 13 is two pieces so far so on. Only if you need grain and oil, you can put extra pieces of paper with your name, but that will just mean you will get more chances of being chosen to represent your district in the Games.

P-They will after pick a male and a female tribute from two bowls.

K-Then you will have to go to the Capitol and get ready to go to the arena to fight to death with the other tributes from the other districts.

Me and Rose's face just drop. We are shocked and scared, I don't know how we will recover from this shock, but I'm not planning to.

K-You can get sponsors in the arena, anything can help, even a packet of matches. To help you get sponsors, you will need your mentor's help and getting high scores in your proper assessments, but that, your mentors can help you.

R-Who is district 12's mentor?

K-Me, Peeta or Haymitch.

F-Why you guys?

P-Because we won the Hunger Games.

This is my first story that i've written, so don't judge the poor writing. I'm free to suggestions for future stories. I'm a huge Hunger Game fan, and all of these characters are from the author Suzanne Collins and some I invented myself. Some of the idea credit goes to the actual author of the Hunger Games, this story's idea was mine.

Chapters would be updated on every Saturdays. Only because I'm still a student and I have schoolwork, I just love to write for fun.

Have a nice week!

-waterfoxle