Under the stars

(Ben's POV)

After the tournament, there were tons of events, and we won nearly all of them. One night I was in an especially bad mood, I'm not really sure why. I lied in bed for an hour after the lights off, but I couldn't sleep. I grabbed my guitar and dragged a camping chair outside the tent, and began to strum a familiar tune.

(Erica's POV.)

I heard Ben walk out of the tent, so I walked to the front of the tent and watched him through the opening. He was facing away from me, and he started strumming.

"Found a girl told me I was a star... held the door, held my hand in the dark... and she's perfect on paper, but she's lying to my face, does she think that I'm the kind of guy who needs to be saved. And there's one more girl she's from my past... fell in love but it didn't last. The second I figure it out, she pushes me away, I won't fight for love if you won't meet me halfway."

I interrupted his beautiful voice and asked: "Where did you learn to play and sing like that?" he jumped, clearly startled. "Oh err, you heard that. Um, I kinda taught myself how to play guitar, and singing comes pretty naturally to me," he answered.

I sat next to him in the camping chair I had grabbed out. "Could you teach me a couple of chords or songs?" I asked. "Yeah sure..." he answered, putting the guitar in my hands, positioning my fingers. He whispered instructions in my ear, and 20 minutes later, I was doing okay and had learned how to do the basic chords.

I stopped my strumming abruptly, and asked softly "Was Zoe the girl who's perfect on paper but lying to your face?" his face turned red.. "Yeah..." he answered awkwardly. "Do you know who the girl from my past is?" he asked cautiously. My face heated, and I replied lamely "Ashley?" but we both knew who it really was. It was me. "It's you," he whispered, and my heart soared, but at the same time, I felt very nervous.

I wiped my sweaty hands on my jumpsuit. "It always has been." he took my hand in his own, and my heart thumped very, very loudly as I stared into his beautiful green eyes. We stayed there like that for a while, holding hands, looking at the stars. I put my head on his shoulder, just enjoying the peaceful silence.

Sorry it's a short one! Had a lot going on today, and this was the best I could come up with! To be continued! (Hopefully some good Berica moments in here.)