Three-legged race

(Ben's POV)

Erica and I simultaneously crouched, ready to sprint. Agent Kimberley shouted "GO!" and we took off like a shot, already knowing where most of the items were. I had briefly scanned the list beforehand, and it said:

The picture of the tinted window

The hidden key to private bathrooms (The winner of the three-legged scavenger hunt wins rights to it.)

A copy of The sorcerers stone

An oxeye daisy

The picture of the tinted window was in the arts and crafts shack, where we had spent a decent amount of time in. There were oxeye daisies at Erica and I's hidden lake, and Harry Potter was my secret obsession, so of course, I had a copy of the sorcerer stone in my bag. I had absolutely no idea where to find the hidden key was, but I suppose this is where our spy skills came in.

"C'mon, let's get the picture of the tinted window before anyone else does," I muttered to Erica, who nodded, and we turned the direction of the arts and crafts shack, outsprinting Mike and Sean, Chip and Hauser, and Zoe and Chelsea.

We burst into the arts and crafts shack, snatched up the photograph of the tinted window, and ran to our tent. Our strides were identical, working in unison. I grabbed my copy of the sorcerer's stone and sprinted with Erica to our spot.

I scanned the familiar surroundings for an oxeye daisy and found one perched on a branch in a tree. I cursed. There were no other flowers in sight, so the daisy had obviously been put there by our sadistic camp director, who wanted to watch us fall to our deaths climbing a tree with our legs tied together.

We walked up to the tree, and with a count of three hoisted our free legs onto the tree. We slowly but surely moved up the tree, using our joint leg as one. I grabbed the daisy, and nearly toppled off the tree raising my hands in celebration. Luckily Erica somehow caught me with one hand and pulled me up with the other. "You're such an idiot," she muttered. I grinned, not deterred by this. "You like it though." I teased her. "Eh, guess your right," she responded to my delight. I immediately leaned forward and kissed her.

She pulled away and said "C'mon Ben, let's go. We have to find that hidden key." We slowly climbed back down the tree and ran around the entire camp trying to find it.

I stopped her, saying "Let's look in Kimberleys office. We're spies, right? So then let's use our spy skills." she grinned at me, patted my hair fondly, and changed course for his office. I rammed into the door, jarring it open.

We immediately set to work, looking through files, and papers. I triumphantly arose from a pile of envelopes with a key labeled: "Key to the private bathroom." We sprinted into the common room and slammed our hands down on the button that set off the alarm, which notified Kimberley that we had finished.

Warren had already pressed it twice to prank us and probably trying to impress Zoe. Kimberley arrived, saw the items in our hands and announced with a steely glint in his eyes "We have our winners. Tomorrow I will take you to your surprise."

I am so, so sorry for the continuously shorter chapters, but ya know, school, and also it's really hard to write a new chapter every day! Next time I will just prewrite the entire book, and publish every other day or something like that. I already have about 10ish chapters written for the next book... Also, thoughts on doing either a Harry Potter or Percabeth fanfic?