Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Thomas went to get his car and I waited at the school gate. "Han I'm here" Smurf said out of breath after running to me.

 "Hey ah change of plans Smurf, I decided to show Thomas around the town after all", I said with a shy smirk on my face. I didn't plan on Smurf finding out about this, I was going to just text him when I had left school.

 "Cool, your finally going to get over that tool Jaylen ha?" Smurf was excited.

"Don't say that name to me ever again" my expression hardened and I felt my eyes well up.

Just then a BMW convertible with the roof down pulled up in front of Smurf and I, our mouths fell open. Thomas got out of his car and smiled at me; he walked around to my side of the car and opened the passenger door for me. "Well aren't you the gentleman?" I said sarcastically as I got in the passenger seat.

Thomas got back into the driver's seat and started the car, "ill meet you at my house at 4 Smurf and we will bury... ah take care of our little problem" I said looking at Smurf knowingly.

"Yeah sweet, have fun guys" Smurf winked at us just as Thomas accelerated, the wind blew through my hair and I felt like I was free from all of crap in my life just for this one moment.

I took Thomas to my favourite ice cream shop and we both got cookies and cream on a waffle cone, it turns out we both liked the same ice cream. I directed him to a park that was across from a little lake and we sat on the grass eating our ice creams.

"Do you have a job?" Smurf asked me.

"Ah you can say that yeah" I said with a cheeky smile on my face trying to lighten the mood so he wouldn't ask me too many questions.

"So why exactly are you working as a pizza boy when you are obviously very well off?" I said blushing after I realised what I had just asked. Thomas seemed to be a little shocked at me being so upfront and quite frankly so was I.

"Well when you come from a family like mine you try and make an honest living on your own I guess", Thomas looked a little uncomfortable as he spoke.

"A family like yours?" I asked as a curious look played across my face.

"Ah yeah, so who is this tool of a guy Smurf keeps mentioning?" He asked changing the subject very quickly. I wonder what he meant by that?

"Um that's something we don't really need to talk about, I'm sure you've already met him anyway" I said shrugging off his question.

"Come on Hannah you can talk to me you know" As he said this his hand brushed over my cheek making me blush slightly.

"Ahh ok well he's the quarter back from our school, he doesn't even know I exist so there's really nothing to tell", I wasn't getting into the things that had happened in the past two days, I didn't see the point because nothing was ever going to happen between us and our friendship was well and truly over. Things would just go back to the way they were.

 It started to get a little chilly so I rubbed my hands over my arms to warm myself up.

"Are you cold Hannah?" Thomas asked me

"Yeah it is getting a little cold, we should probably get going" I said pushing myself up.

Thomas reached out, pulled me back down and pulled me into his lap wrapping his arms around my shoulders from behind. The warmth of his body instantly gave me tingles, we sat there in silence for a while, and it wasn't an awkward silence it was just us enjoying each other's company.

"Are you warmer now" Thomas said into my ear, his breath blew softly across my neck and I shivered. The way Thomas made me feel was nothing compared to how Jaylen made me feel. When Jaylen touched me my whole body erupted with tingles and heat explosions. It was like a firework was going off inside of me. I wasn't ready for anything with anyone right now and I didn't know when I ever would but Thomas's friendship right now didn't seem so bad.

"Yeah thanks, but we really should get going", I pushed myself up off of him and brushed the grass off my pants. Thomas shot me a confused look but he got up and walked with me to the car none the less.

He started the car and put the roof back up, "thanks for today" Thomas said not even looking at me.

"Ah that's ok Thomas, sorry I wasn't much fun" I said looking straight ahead also. I didn't feel myself today and I knew he could tell I was holding back a little.

"That's ok, there's always tomorrow" he turned and smiled a cheeky smile at me.

When we got to my house Thomas pulled up my drive way and I saw Smurf standing at my front door looking really angry.

"Ah thanks for the lift" I smiled and got out of Thomas's car.

"What's up Smurf? Has something else happened?" I asked now feeling a little nervous from looking at the expression on his face. Smurf just glared at Thomas as he pulled out of my drive way and drove away.

"Ah whets going on Smurf?" I asked him touching his shoulder.

 "Do you know who that is Han?" "I didn't even think you'd be back" Smurf said looking at me seriously.

"Ah Thomas?" I asked bewildered.

"Its James's fucking brother" Smurf almost screamed.

"What?" I said asked giving Smurf my best what the fuck face.

 "I found out today, my little sister is friends with James's little sister and she told my sister that he started at our school today, we need to stay away from him" Smurf said giving me a serious look.

"Just because they are brothers doesn't mean that Thomas is like him." I said, does it? Could Thomas possibly be like his ass hole brother James who held me prisoner for almost half a day hitting me and leaving bruises all over my neck and face? "Well until we are sure Han we need to keep our distance ok" his face grew hard. "Ok" I agreed. Smurf is right if Thomas was like James and Michael then he could be trouble for us.

Smurf and I buried Dodger in my backyard and Smurf said a few words. It was hard to watch Smurf get emotional, he didn't cry very often and I really hadn't seen him cry since his mum left.

After we were done, we ordered some Chinese food and watched Big Momma's House, we needed something to cheer us up. "Would you mind staying again tonight Smurf, to be honest I'm a little shaken up and I don't want to be alone" I asked.

 "Yeah ok cool" Smurf said smiling. We cleaned up our mess and we both headed for bed.

I wasn't having much luck sleeping again, I just kept  thinking about Jaylen and Jessica, her arms wrapped around his perfect body, her lips kissing his perfect lips, the pain was excruciating but I pushed passed it. Thomas came to my mind suddenly; could he really be that bad? I didn't get a bad vibe from him he seemed like an ok guy. I decided that tomorrow I would try and find out as much as I could about him and see whether he was who I thought he was or someone completely different.