13 | my weakness

A N A S T A S I A13 | my weakness

A N A S T A S I A
13 | my weakness

THE SIRENS BLARED into the night sky as the cops began closing into the tracks.

After telling everyone to run, I began making my own way back to my car.

Brooke and Clay still haven't left but I see Clay in the driver seat looking around and once he spots me, the car roars to life as he speeds towards me.

Once he get close, the car skids to the side as he throws open the passenger side door and holds his hand out for me without stopping the car.

Although the car has was slowed down slightly, I still had to push myself to run faster so that I could jump. I reach my hand out, latching onto his arm as he helps pull me in.

Once I'm safely inside, I reach out with my right hand and pull the door closed as he presses harder on the accelerator, speeding down an alleyway.

Luckily, the majority of the cops were coming from the side that the Rueben's gang was on so I think that mine should be safe.

Most of the Royal Reapers know how to lose the cops in a high-speed car chase anyways and I know that from experience.

There was one police car following us, but Clay was able to lose them.

"Where do you want to go?" Asks Clay. He's still speeding down alleys so we don't get caught.

"Home base." I reply as I take my phone out of my front pocket.

The moment I touch the screen to turn it on, I see an abundance of messages from my mom asking where me and Kai are. She's probably so worried right now because she knows I never take Kai out with me at night.

I quickly send her a text letting her know that we're both safe and that Kai won't be home until tomorrow.

It wouldn't be wise to bring Kai back home in case anyone from the Crimson Ghosts are following us even though I doubt they are since the cops were just on everybody that was at the tracks.