21 | things you don't know

A N A S T A S I A21 | things you don't know

A N A S T A S I A
21 | things you don't know

DETENTION is the last place I want to be... Especially since the first person I see when I walk in is none other than Ryder Grimaldi.

I can feel his intense stare as I walk with my head down to a seat as far away from him as possible. After getting into a seat, it's not long before the scraping of a chair can be heard and he stands up with his eyes set on me.

This time, I'm the one doing the staring as I watch him walk towards me like he's on a mission. He pulls out the chair next to me and sit's down. His smirk only seems to get bigger as he sees me staring which makes me abruptly turn away.

Any girl would be ecstatic that he sat next to them, acknowledged them, but not me. Not now.

His shoulder brushes mine as he leans towards me and asks, "I thought good girls don't get detention?"

Just ignore him. You got this, Anastasia.

"What secrets are you hiding?" He asks before moving away from me as he leans back in his chair.

I can still feel his stare on the side of my face and my entire body is stiff in anticipation of what he may say or do next, "You''re definitely hiding something and I'm going to figure it out. You can count on that."

Don't give in. Don't show him any signs to prove that he's right.
"You should stay away from your little boyfriend, he's dangerous," Ryder says and I immediately know who he's talking about.

Turning towards him, I roll my eyes as I ask, "And you're not?" Completely forgetting that I was trying to ignore him. He grins and I realize that's just what he wanted, a response from me.

I almost completely forgot about the teacher holding detention, Mr. Strickland, as I was focused on avoiding Ryder, at least until he interrupts us by angrily saying, "This is detention. No more talking!"