19 | fight for dominance

A N A S T A S I A19 | fight for dominance

A N A S T A S I A
19 | fight for dominance

IT FEELS SO GOOD to be in control for once.

Rueben has always been one step ahead and I know what that means even though I don't want to believe it... There's a leak in the Royal Reapers.

It can't be any of my friends because this problem with Rueben has been going on since I was 10-years-old and he was officially kicked out of the gang by my father.

The only reason this mission was successful is because I kept it quiet. My team consisted of the younger members who were all sworn to secrecy. That's how I'm doing things from now on if I want to end this problem once and for all.

✶ ━━━━━ ✶ ━━━━━ ✶

It's been a few days since everything went down with Rueben and I wish I didn't have to go to school, but I've called in sick three to many times in my first week back.

Looking into the mirror I see a broken, scared girl looking back at me. A girl with purple and blue etched into the skin of her jaw and a cut lip that's finally beginning to heal.

Sometimes I don't feel like I've ever taken off my fighter mask because that's the person everyone sees when they look at me.

Every day I put on a mask to hide what's really going on inside from the people I love. Although they know about the things that go on, they don't know half of what goes on in my head.

I'll never admit it out loud, but I'm terrified.

Terrified of what Rueben can do even though he's currently behind bars from when I left him stranded the other night. He won't be there much longer and I know it's only a matter of time before he retaliates against me.

Terrified of losing the people I love. I've already lost two people I love and I don't think I could handle losing anyone else. I especially wouldn't be able to live with myself if I'm the reason someone I care about gets killed.