ABY - IV

"Meliodas," Elizabeth whispered to herself.

"C'mon, I'm starving," Diane said, waving them over.

"You could've eaten without us," King said, sitting next to Diane.

"We could've, but we got distracted," Elaine said, shrugging her shoulders.

"What got you distracted?" Ban said shortly after sitting next to her. Meliodas walked and sat near the end, by King.

"We were talking about our soulmates," Diane stated bluntly.

Meliodas tensed up and took an interest in the conversation.

"What about them?" He asked, staring at Elizabeth who was internally freaking out.

"About how we met and what we first said." Elaine picked up a ham sandwich and took a small bite out of it.

"Elizabeth! Tell them about you!" Diane said, looking at Elizabeth.

"I ran away?" Elizabeth said it more like a question, unable to think clearly with Meliodas staring at her.

"Weird," Meliodas piped in, "My soulmate ran away, how coincidental." Meliodas rolled his eyes.

'What a jerk,' Elizabeth thought.

"Maybe she had a good reason," Elizabeth said, standing her ground and taking a bite out of her apple.

"Maybe she's just a coward." Meliodas retorted.

Elizabeth shot a glare at him, "Or maybe, her soulmate was a jerk."

"Maybe, or maybe he had a good reason." Meliodas returned her glare.

"He should learn to not take it out on people." Elizabeth set her apple core down.

"What are you guys talking about...?" Ban asked, completely confused. Elizabeth and Meliodas stood up and pointed fingers at each other.

"This is the jerk that swore at me!"

"This is the coward that ran away!" Elizabeth and Meliodas yelled at the same time.

"You mean," Elaine stifled a laugh, "You guys are soulmates?!"

"YES!" Both Meliodas and Elizabeth yelled. Their hands lowered and they balled their fists.

"Well, then it works out perfectly," Diane said, taking a bite out of her salad.

"HOW?!" Meliodas and Elizabeth looked at each other, "STOP COPYING ME!"

"SHUT UP!"

"NO, YOU!" Elizabeth and Meliodas were bright red.

"They're in perfect sync already~" Ban chuckled, "Now who wants some booze~"

"ME!" Meliodas yelled, half expecting Elizabeth to say the same thing.

"Here ya go~" Ban handed Meliodas a bottle.

"What did I say about alcohol in school." Elaine scolded Ban.

"Not to have it~," Ban said, already partly drunk.

"What am I going to do with you?" Elaine said, shaking her head.

Elizabeth sat back down and Meliodas took a sip of his drink.

"So.... you're my soulmate," Meliodas stated.

"Yep." Elizabeth said, popping the "p."

"We may as well try and get along." Meliodas reasoned.

"Fine," Elizabeth thought for a moment, "Want to get ice cream when school is over?"

Meliodas smirked, "Why not now?"