ABY - VIII

Elizabeth held her breath, trying not to alert Meliodas where she was.

'Been a while since I used my wings,' She thought, trying not to breathe heavily.

"Ready or not here I come!" She heard him yell.

Tucking her wings back in, she peered out slightly. She saw Meliodas looking through some bushes.

"Found you!" He yelled, grabbing Diane.

"Aw, man." Diane pouted and sulked behind him.

"Go wait in the jungle gym!" Meliodas said, looking in the plastic cave. King and Elaine soon crawled out and walked to the jungle gym, "That's what you get for choosing such an easy spot!" He yelled after seeing their angry expressions.

Elizabeth focused back on the tree. A few minutes of silence go by.

"Found you!" Meliodas yelled from behind her, scaring the silver-haired girl.

"M-MeliODAS!" She jumped so much, she fell out of the tree and landed on her back.

"Oh, sh*t! Are you okay Elizabeth?" Meliodas asked, climbing down the tree.

Elizabeth, who was regaining her breath, replied, "Yep, just peachy." She got up, her back aching slightly, and walked to the jungle gym.

"Elizabeth! Are you okay?" Diane asked, grabbing hold of her shoulders and shaking her.

"I-I'm fine Diane." Elizabeth smiled, silently laughing at her friend's worried expression.

"If you say so." Diane let go of Elizabeth and they started some small talk.

~~~

"Where's Ban?" Meliodas thought aloud, searching the fake pirate ship. After thinking for a minute, he thought of the perfect place Ban would hide.

Climbing up the mast, he hoisted himself in the crow's nest. Sure enough, there was Ban. Passed out drunk.

Meliodas shook his head, "What are we supposed to do with you?" An idea came to his head. He smirked to himself.

~~~

"Ban went home," Meliodas announced, walking to the jungle gym.

"Without us?" Elaine asked, slightly sad.

"I'm sure he just felt sick." Elizabeth tried to reassure her.

"Ya, I'm sure he did," Elaine said, not really believing her own words.

"Meliodas?" A voice said behind them. They all turned to look and saw Kaitlyn standing there.

"That's my name," Meliodas said, looking away from her.

"What are you doing?" Kaitlyn tried to engage in conversation.

Diane sneered and nudged Elizabeth. Elizabeth looked to Diane, confused by what was going on.

"That's Kaitlyn. An, how to phrase this lightly, a seductress of the captains," Elizabeth felt slightly saddened by that fact, "She was a real brat and it took the captain a while to see it. She looks innocent, but never be in a room alone with her. EVER." Diane explained.

"Oh, I'll be sure to." Elizabeth nodded to herself.

"We were going to get some ice cream. Would you like to join us, Kaitlyn?" Elaine asked, trying to be polite.

Kaitlyn beamed, "I'd love to!"

Everyone looked at Elaine, wondering what she was doing.

~~~

"One chocolate, two strawberries, one mango, and two vanilla ice cream cones. That'll be $10.98" The waitress said in a Texas accent.

'Must be a foreigner,' Elizabeth thought.

"We'll be splitting," Diane said.

"Okay, what goes where?" She smiled a bit.

"The vanillas and mango are with me," King said, paying for Diane and Elaine.

"Both vanillas?"

"Yes."

"The chocolate and one strawberry are with me," Meliodas said, paying for himself and Elizabeth.

"I can pay for myself Meliodas," Elizabeth said.

"I want to," Meliodas said firmly, ending the conversation.

"What about me?" Kaitlyn complained.

"Pay for yourself," King said coldly.

"Meliodas!" Kaitlyn whined.

"I don't have enough money," Meliodas said, the lie sliding off his tongue.

"I'm assuming you're paying for the last strawberry then?" The waitress asked Kaitlyn.

'I don't get paid enough for this,' The waitress thought as she saw Kaitlyn glance at Meliodas, with almost pleading eyes, only for Meliodas to not acknowledge her.

Kaitlyn pouted, and not in a cute way, "Yes." She huffed.

The waitress ripped off their ticket and walked away.

When the waitress came back, she set the ice cream on the table. She handed Kaitlyn's ticket over, "That'll be $1.77 and $0.06 in tax." Kaitlyn handed her card over with the ticket.

She looked at Meliodas and handed him his ticket, "That'll be $3.54 and $0.12 in tax." Meliodas slid his card, with the ticket, over.

She continued this action with King, with him sliding his card and ticket over as well.

"I'll be back, enjoy your treat!"

Bonus

"What are we supposed to do?" The officer said to the other.

"Get him down I suppose." The officer looked up at the fake pirate ship's mast.

There, tied up, was Ban, still passed out, dressed in only his boxers.

***
...Hey.

How was your day?

UNEDITED