CHAPTER 10: I'LL SHOW YOU

"I'll show you"

"Now I rise above you looking for the spring..."

~•~•~

The next day, Jisung went to class. It seems the video about him had died down a little bit as nobody made a commotion about him like yesterday. Still there were some students whispering in the hallways and kept looking his way but it was at least bearable now.

As soon as Felix saw him, he immediately approached his friend who apparently just vanished like that without a trace yesterday. He gave his squirrel friend a tight hug before exclaiming, "God where have you been yesterday Jisung? Have you not seen any of my texts or my calls?"

Jisung gave off a sheepish smile as he rub the back of his head. "As a matter of fact, I did!" Felix raised a brow.

"And? Would it hurt to reply?" The blonde said as he crossed his arms against his chest. "Did you know how worried I was?"

Jisung felt a warm feeling in his chest and immediately felt guilty. "Sorry Felix, I actually just went in the infirmary yesterday and slept. When I came to everyone was gone and my phone had died on me so it wasn't until I went home that I read all your messages." Jisung explained.

Felix's eyes widen. "Seriously? You slept the whole day?" The brunet just grinned earning a look of disbelief from his friend. Moments later, Seungmin and Hyunjin came and asked about Jisung. So Jisung had to repeat the same story to their two friends. Seungmin gave the same look of disbelief as Felix did to Jisung while Hyunjin laughed a little.

Felix eyed Hyunjin observingly, was it just him or was there something off about Hyunjin? Hyunjin felt eyes on him and turned to meet Felix's gaze who flinched upon getting caught. Hyunjin gave off a sweet smile and Felix relaxed. He probably was just imagining it.

"We should probably get going." Seungmin said and they all agreed, however Hyunjin tapped Felix's shoulder making him hault and turn to him while the two had gone on ahead, not noticing the two that were left behind.

Felix gave Hyunjin a questioning look. "What is it Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin hesitated but then smiled. "Are you okay?" And Felix became puzzled.

"Yeah. Why?"

Hyunjin laughed awkwardly and suddenly Felix was jealous. 'How could he look so good like that?' He thought. 'This was the person Changbin had liked— no, probably loved.'

'Do I stand a chance against him?'

Felix pushed those thoughts away. Why was he comparing? It's not like Hyunjin was competing with him, so why was he?

"Oh nothing, just wanted to ask."

Now Felix was sure, there is something off about Hyunjin. Or was the problem him? Does Felix seem off to Hyunjin?

"I'm okay Jinnie, really I mean why wouldn't I be?"

Hyunjin stiffened and averted his gaze, all at once feeling uncomfortable. Felix felt concerned. "Is there something wrong?"

Before Hyunjin could answer, Felix caught sight of the painfully handsome, raven-undercut-haired guy in black, who was walking casually through the hallways, oblivious of the stares he was receiving from other students including Felix.

Hyunjin noticed Felix's sudden lack of attention towards him and turned to his object of interest and all at once, he understood.

"Changbin" Hyunjin murmured. He turned to Felix again who had a tint of red spreading across his freckled cheeks, one hand resting against his chest where his heart is.