My Muse

I took one last deep breath, grabbed my keys and headed to my grand opening. Y/N was going to meet me there to share in my debut.

Y/N...my inspiration...my muse.

I arrived early so I could make sure everything was just right....this night had to be perfect.

Although Y/N designed the set up for my show, this would be the first time she viewed these paintings. She had always been the biggest supporter of my art.

Of course she had seen other works I had done over the years...

The first picture I ever drew was of her...

It was a crayon rendition of me pushing her on the tire swing in our shared backyard.
I gave it to her as a birthday present...along with a frog in a box. She wasn't so keen on the frog but she still has the picture to this day!

But my favorite painting I have ever done had to be of her at the beach on prom night.

I remember looking over at her as she gazed out at the ocean. She sat with her knees drawn up to her chest, her arms wrapped around them with a yellow fuzzy blanket draped over her shoulders. A gentle breeze tousled her hair as the moonlight shone down upon it. Her eyes sparkled in the glow of the firelight, its flames bathing her face in light.

I swore I had never seen her look more beautiful than in that moment. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and snapped a few pics, luckily she was so distracted that she didn't notice or she would have probably made me delete them. She always hated her picture being taken.

I gifted that to her on the day I had to leave for college. The hardest day of my life...

She had accompanied my parents and me to the airport. They said their goodbyes and walked away to give Y/N and I some privacy.

We sat together as we waited for my turn to board the plane. I held her close as she rested her head on my shoulder. I could feel the lump in my throat beginning to grow.

Suddenly she sat up and faced me.

"I got you a going away present, Seokie."

She reached in her bag and pulled out a long rectangular box wrapped in paper with images of painters pallets all over it. Her hands shook slightly as she placed it in my lap.

"Open it!", she said as she lightly bounced up and down next to me.

I tore at the paper, revealing a hinged wooden box. A small gold plate with my initials engraved on it adorned the top. I ran my finger over the letters before slowly opening the box. My jaw dropped open...

Inside it was a paintbrush set that I had been eyeing for months at the local art supply store. I looked over at her, my eyes brimming with tears. She worked as a waitress at a local cafe in town and I knew that she didn't make much money.

"Y/N...I...how...This is way too much, you can't afford..."

She quickly cut me off.

"I picked up a few extra shifts at the cafe. I knew you would never buy it for yourself and I really wanted you to have it. Use them to paint something beautiful."

"Thank you, angel... I love it, will think of you every time I use them. I have something for you too."

I placed a gift bag next to her. She reached into it, removed the tissue paper and pulled out a canvas painting of her that night at the beach.

Her eyes flew open wide, her delicate fingers ran over the swirled brush strokes as tears began to glide down her cheeks...

"Oh, Seokie..."

"D-Do you like it?"

"I love it...I just can't believe that's me...it's so..."

I reached out my hand to wipe her tears away.

"Beautiful...", I said softly.

She blushed and looked down at the painting once more.

"It will be the first thing I put up in my dorm."

The announcement that my flight would begin boarding soon, shattered our perfect moment...

I pulled her in close to my chest and held her tight. Her body trembled as she began to cry once more.

"Oh, S-Seokie...I am going to m-miss you so much! How am I going to live without seeing you everyday?!?"

I hooked my finger under her chin and gently tilted her head up to face me.

"Hey, I will always be here for you, angel...no distance between us will ever change that! I promise that we will Skype everyday and you can call me anytime, day or night! And before you know it, we will both be home for the holidays!"

I wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead.
She looked down and began to fidget with her fingers, a nervous habit she's had as long as I've known her.

"S-Seokie??? W-Would...would you...kiss me goodbye? Please..."

She cautiously looked up again, meeting my gaze. My eyes widened in disbelief and my throat suddenly felt very dry.

I couldn't speak, so I just nodded...

My heart began hammering against my ribcage as I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. I could feel her body trembling in my arms as I pulled her in tighter.

Her lips were as soft as rose petals and tasted like the cherry chapstick that she always wore. Her tiny hands gripped the back of my shirt in desperation.

I gasped as her tongue gently probed my lips. A small pleading whimper let me know that she wanted more. I parted them and her warm tongue slid in between. Her head tilted to the side and she deepened the kiss. Our tongues tentatively swirled around each other, cautiously discovering this new territory.

My head began to swim from the overwhelming sensations...the taste of her lips, her silken hair between my fingers, the smell of her perfume and the sound of her breathy moans was assaulting my senses! I prayed that we could stay like this forever...

"Last call for flight 0613 to Los Angeles, at this time, we ask that all passengers please proceed to gate 7."

Regretfully we broke the kiss and I rested my forehead against hers as we tried to catch our breath.

"Y-You have to go...call me as soon as your plane lands, okay?"

I felt my throat close as if I were being strangled. There was so much I wanted to say but the words just wouldn't come out.

"O-Okay...I will, I promise."

We stood and hugged each other tightly once more and I whispered the words I had been saying to her for years...

"I love you, angel."

If only she knew how much my heart ached for her...

"I love you too, Seokie..."

I felt tears pricking my eyes again so I quickly slung my bag over my shoulder and headed for the gate. I looked back once more to wave and saw my parents standing there as well.

My mom had her arm around Y/N's shoulder, as tears fell down both their cheeks...

I fought against the overwhelming urge to run back to them, but in the end, I quickly turned and headed down the walkway, finally letting my own tears fall...

*A/N - Why do I feel like crying too??? 😭