Dreams Do Come True

Hoseok arrived at his gallery a couple hours before the grand opening and pulled his car up to the entrance. His good friend, Seokjin had insisted on being the valet for the night. He reasoned that only a man with his devastatingly handsome face could do the job! 

They greeted each other with a warm smile and a hug.

"Good evening Mr. Jung! Are you ready for your big night?!?"

"Hey Jin hyung! What's with the formalities? We've been friends forever...and to be honest, I am quite nervous."

Seokjin put his hand on Hoseok's shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Hoseok-ah, don't worry! You and Y/N have been planning this for months. The caterers, wait staff and bartenders have already arrived. The gallery dealer in charge of sales is due to arrive in about an hour. So, just relax and enjoy all your hard work. Okay??"

"I'll try hyung...and remember, as soon as all the guests arrive, please join us! I'm sure Namjoon would be disappointed if you didn't stop by the bar for a drink and say hello."

An adorable blush painted Seokjin's cheeks.

Hoseok and Y/N had been friends with both men since high school. He knew that Jin and Joon were crushing on each other hard. He hoped that tonight would finally bring them together!

Hoseok puffed out a shaky breath.

"I will feel much better when Y/N gets here..."

Seokjin looked over Hoseok's shoulder and smiled.

"Well, then you'll be happy to know that she just arrived!"

Hoseok turned to see Y/N exiting a cab and broke out in a huge smile as he started running towards her. He scooped her up and twirled her around in a circle while she screeched! When her feet were back on solid ground, Y/N pulled Hoseok in for a tight hug!!

"Oh, Seokie! This is so exciting!! I am so happy for you!!"

"God, I'm so glad you're here, angel! I need you by my side tonight, more than ever!"

Y/N could see how anxious Hoseok was so she took his hand in hers and squeezed it gently to comfort him. She was surprised to find that he was physically shaking!

"Come on, Seokie. Let's get inside. I'm sure you'll feel more at ease when you see that everything is ready to go."

Hoseok smiled, Y/N always knew what to say to calm his nerves. She had been the one constant thing, besides his family, that he could count on...

He was so happy that once again, she was by his side for the most important night of his life.

The pair walked into the gallery, hand in hand, and went to check their coats in with the attendant.

Hoseok removed his long black wool coat and Y/N's eyes widened! He was dressed to the nines in a tuxedo that fit him perfectly, in all the right places and her breath caught in her throat...she had never seen him look more handsome than he did tonight!

Hoseok helped Y/N remove her coat as well. When she turned to face him, he froze... She was wearing an elegant, satin, floor length gown. It was dove grey with cap sleeves and a sheer tulle overlay skirt. The v neck bodice had  delicate flowered lace adorning it and the skirt as well.

She was absolutely stunning and he was struck mute! His heart began to hammer against his chest as he tried to slow his breathing.

Y/N misread his silence and looked down, fidgeting nervously with her fingers.