6

"He was so hot!" Emly says.

"And how did you get in exactly?" Harlow asks her.

"Fake id. Duh" Emly replies taking a bite from her salad. Brooke turns to me.

"What did you do this weekend, Estella?" Brooks asks me. I snap out of my thoughts.

"I Uh, stayed home." I say.

"We heard" Emly says

"Heard what?" I ask

"That the lacrosse team was at your house!" Harlow says, "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"Or invite us!" Broke says, "And... how do you even know them?"

"I have a twin brother, Liam." Harlow widens her eyes, "What?" I ask her.

"I just ... Uh, didn't know you had a twin!" I smile. I look around the cafeteria.

"I'm gonna head out." I tell them.

"Don't forget, we're hanging out after school!" Harlow yells. I nod and walk out.

I walk into the peaceful library. I love the library. I walk all the way to the back corner and sit on the couch that faces the big window. I look out and rest my head against the glass. I put my AirPods in and listen to my music for the remaining of the lunch period.

As I was looking out the window, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and face... Ethan. I turn back around and look out the window.

"Estella" He starts, "Estella" he says again. He sits on the couch across from me. "Estella" I ignore him. He sighs and takes the AirPods out of my ears.

"Hey!" I whisper.

"Why are you ignoring me?" He asks.

"I'm not..."

"You clearly are" he says

"Listen, I shouldn't even be talking to you right now. So.. go find another girl to fuck around with." I say to him, "Please can you leave me alone?" He first clenches his jaw but loosens it again.

"No"

"No?" I say.

"No" he states again

"Yes" I say with an attitude.

"Estella, do I look like that kind of person to leave someone alone when they actually need the comfort?"

Yes

"No, I'm not. So I'm not leaving until you tell me why you are so afraid of Liam."

I sigh. This dude is good.

"Listen, Dolan" I start, "You're handsome and nice and all of the above." I say. He smiles, "but, I can't." I take my AirPods from his hands and walk away. Leaving him alone.

-

Ethan's POV

"Hey man" Liam comes up to me.

"Hey" I say closing my locker. It was the end of the school day and I was about to head home.

"Wanna hang? I was gonna ask both you and Grayson but I don't see Grayson anywhere."

"He's at a doctors appointment so he can't be here. But sure, I'll hang."
-
I went over to Liam's house and all we did was play video games. I checked the time 6:46pm.

"I think I should head out" I say, putting the controller down.

"Okay" Liam says. He shuts off the tv and we walk downstairs.

"Mom, Ethan's leaving."

"Oh! Let him stay for dinner."

"It's fine. I don't want to intrude-" I start

"No worries! We're almost finished cooking." I shrug.

"Why not" I smile.

We sit at the table. It was Liam's parents, Piper, Liam and I sitting at the table. Where was Estella?

"Ethan, how are you doing in school?" Liam's mom asks.

"I'm doing good."

"Are you and—" before she could finish the door swings open.

"Fuck Coach Bush! She as an actual—" Estella stops yelling when she comes in, "I didn't know we had guests over." She says, looking at me. I smirk.

"Well we did. And when we do, we watch our language." Mrs. Heinz says with gritted teeth.

"Why are you so pissed anyways?" Piper rolls her eyes.

"Coach only wants me in front row not all around anymore!" Estella says, "Whatever, I'm going up stairs."

"Say goodbye" Mr.Heinz says.

"To who?" Estella asks.

"To our guest" Liam gives a cheeky smile. I look at her and she looks at me. She closes her eyes and sighs.

"Goodbye, Ethan"

"And?" Mrs. Heinz says. Estella rolls her eyes again.

"And have a nice night." She grabs her orange juice and leaves the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry for Estella's behavior. She can get... angry sometimes." Mrs. Heinz chuckles.