Six.

The first month of filming in Boston wrapped. Chris managed to convince Focus Features to film in Los Angeles since we all had dogs to tend to. It would cost a few hundred dollars more but Chris insisted.
Jake and I started fighting daily when we got back to LA. Every time we returned home from a long day on set, we would fight about how close Chris and I had become. I begged and cried to him that we were just friends. The fights constantly resulted in me home alone with the dogs since he would leave for hours. I lost count of how many times I would find him asleep in his car parked in front of our house.

I put away leftovers of the dinner I had cooked for another night eating alone. I began to wash the dishes. The front door slamming shut almost made me drop a plate. The dogs ran out of the kitchen to greet whoever it was.
Jake walked into the kitchen smiling at his phone. The dogs were jumping on him and begging for attention. They only did that when they had been ignored.

"Hi." I said to Jake. He took a double take in my direction. He stopped smiling with his eyes returning to his phone. He shut the sound off from his phone before sliding it into his pants pocket.
"Hello everyone! Hello!" He sat on the hardwood floor, getting kisses from the dogs. I rinsed the dish soap from the plate and set it on the dish rack.
"You can't even say hi to me anymore?" I kept my eyes down. His obnoxious chuckle infuriated me. I threw the sponge into the sink. Water splashed onto the counter. "You know what else I've noticed, Jacob?" I walked around the kitchen counter to face him. He let his hands fall to his lap. "You don't kiss me anymore."

"Yes, I do."
"No. You don't."
"Don't start this right now, Sarah." He stood up from the floor and quickly crossed his arms.
"You don't kiss me. You don't call me 'baby'. You haven't attempted to have sex with me in months. I thought we were going to try to—"
"How could you be pregnant when you're in a fucking movie!"
"Wonder Woman did it."
"She's Wonder Woman." He mocked my tone. I rolled my eyes.
"You can still at least have sex with me!" I yelled back. He rubbed his forehead with his hand. His left hand. "Where's...where's your ring..." He glanced at his hand and shook his head.
"I left it in the bathroom after my shower this morning. I'm sorry for being a fucking human and being forgetful!" Tears fell from my eyes. As soon as I turned my body to go upstairs, I was fighting off his grasp. He yelled at me to stop when I reached the top of the stairs. I kept my back to him. "Okay, okay. Stop!" He hesitated for as long as he could. "My ring isn't in the bathroom. It's in my wallet."

"Why is your ring in your wallet?" I turned my head to watch him remove the ring and put it on his finger. His footsteps on the stairs got closer. I spun my body around. "Jacob." He kept his eyes down and attempted to take another step but I stopped him with my hand on his shoulder. "Why is your ring in—"
"I'm cheating on you." He whispered. The words caused a sinking feeling in my chest. His eyes met mine, filling with tears.
"You're...no." I couldn't find any words. He reached for my hand but I sharply returned it to my side. "What?"  My body gave out from under me so I sat on the top of the stairs. He fell to his knees.
"I'm so sorry, Sarah. Baby. Please forgive me. Please." I avoided his hands. The anger started to build. I took a few deep breaths to control my hysterical breathing.

"Who."
"That doesn't matter anymore. I promise I—"
"Who!" I demanded. My outburst scared him. He whispered a name. The one name I already expected but still made him repeat it louder.
"Rebecca from Lem—"
"I know who she is!"
"Please stop yelling. I'm going to make this better. I promise baby." I nodded my head and closed my eyes with more tears falling. He held onto my hands. I opened my eyes to his. His smile fueled the fire inside of me.
"Get out." I whispered, watching his smile fade away. He shook his head. "Get...out..." I repeated myself. I yanked at the ring on my finger.
"No, no, no, no." He reached out for me to stop. My eyes red with anger stopped him.
"Give this back to your grandmother." I let the ring fall into the palm of his hand. I somehow managed to stand up from the stairs. I fought off his hands pulling at anything he could grab. I managed to keep him out of the bedroom. It was either the wave of angered rage or his pathetic weakened state but I took advantage of it.

He continued to yell things through the locked bedroom door. I didn't have anything else to say so I just cried. The sound of him walking away was the only thing that stopped me. I heard him walk downstairs, grab his keys and close the front door. I ran to the bedroom window. I wanted to see him leave. I hid behind the curtain. He was talking on his phone as he got into his car and drove away without hesitation.
I fell to the floor and cried my eyes out.