Chapter 5

I figured it out. I figured out the answer to the riddle. I don't know how I knew. I just woke up and it was clear as day. I quickly got out of bed and shut off my alarm. I ran down to the living room with my phone in my hand. Once down there I tried to catch my breath before answering the riddle. "I have the answer," I called out, "The answer is r. It's in the middle of the spelling for both but  neither at the beginning or at the end for either one."

At first, there was nothing. I sighed. I was sure that this was the answer,  I thought to myself. I turned back towards the stairs but before I could go anywhere, I felt my phone buzz.  I looked down to be greeted with notifications from the one and only, Listen and Obey. I smiled as I swiped the notification and read what the app had for me. 

Congrats! You've figured out the answer to the riddle! As we have previously said you will get your next set of instructions this morning, of course after answering the riddle which you have clearly done, so here they are.

You are to go to the police and report Justin's murder. Of course, you're not going to admit that it was you. You will have to say you were in the food court at the mall and that you saw him choking before he fell to the ground and you saw a person drag him away in a large bag. You will describe the person in the picture we will send you shortly. Make it seem like you were unable to call from the mall for some reason. Good luck tester 021603!

Once I finished reading, I sighed and sat on my couch. I could feel my heart pounding and my hands were extremely sweaty. Why am I so nervous? I thought to myself, I mean I was in drama club when I was in high school. This is basically like an illegal version of acting. Isn't it?

I felt my phone buzz again and I looked down to see the app had sent me a notification. Assuming that it was the picture, I unlocked my phone and nearly shrieked. It was definitely a photo of somebody. I didn't think it would be of someone I knew growing up.

Credit to diwatera for the character banner of Mallory