Part 8 - Conspicuous Flame

The perturbed shouts and neighing horses can be heard from inside the Royal Hunting Forest, a vast jungle just beyond the palace's ground. Birds and other animals scurried away, being disrupted from their usual quietude.

Just ahead, Somdet Chao Fa Indraratcha had just finished bathing in its cold riverine. She favors the cold during travels, it builds great body-will against sickness and fever. It also helps her focus. Composed her from the intensity of her own minds. After all, being in wars have always deduced something atrocious in a person, mentally and physically.

The border of the forest was patrolled by soldiers and no person were allowed to pass through or hunt as it was only meant for the royalty and its ministers. Though the singular foreign princess was not aware of the allocation besides she was of course the royal guest therefore no soldiers within the Goryeo Kingdom will dare to question her.

The gallops of a steed in fright can be heard from where she was changing. The shrills of an agitated voice can be heard along. Patting her own mount to remain calm by where she tied him, she then rushed to the sound. She saw a troubled stallion running towards her in full pace. A single rider was on top, still trying their best to subdue the spooked foal. Indraratcha sidestepped avoiding the collision, before she swiftly gripped the reins and leaped on top. Securing the person sitting at her front tightly with her left arm, she pulled the reins with all her might, causing the horse to stop and reared both its front legs before continued galloping at a slower pace. Still wrapping her arm with the person, she transferred the reins to her left hand in order to pat the mount, calming him down further. The horse slowed down to a throttle, and Indraratcha guided him towards her own steed. She caressed the stallion's mane while whispering soothing words.

"T-thank you." Said her unintended companion, making Indraratcha cognizant of the present of a person sitting in front of her.

They were in a very close proximity, her companion was glued to her front, with her arm securing the person towards her. Soft curves with narrow waist, she caught whiffs of the scent of gentle lotus flower emanating from her companion. Both their arms were clasped on hers. She noticed then that it was a young woman, still somewhat shaken from how fast her heartbeat was pounding.

"It was of no trouble." Came her soft accented reply.

Indraratcha tilted her head lower towards her companion, inspecting the girl as she was a finger or two shorter. Her side profile was smooth, with straight small nose and captivating black eyelashes. Though her jaw were sharp, her slightly plump cheek gave her an adorable quirk. The frown that marred the girl's soft pink lips didn't match her overall stunning features. As the girl turned towards her, she caught her eyes, enchanting cat-liked intelligent eyes which took her breathe away.

For a beat, or maybe an eternity, they were locked on each other's gaze, frozen a moment too long. Indraratcha felt her own heartbeat started racing, the feeling too unfamiliar for her to name. She wanted to stay there, bathe in the girl's alluring scent, drown in her bewitching eyes. She had her fair share of meeting beautiful women, never as hypnotizing as the girl in front of her right at that second. It was as if a string of destiny was tied ahead of them, waiting for the connection it sought upon.

The hooves of horses and shouts of the Goryeon soldiers brought them back to the realm. The girl cleared her throat, the now red tint on her cheeks made her more endearing than she already were. Indraratcha, now aware of herself, pulled back from the girl. The dismay that she felt at the lost of the warm soft heat was quite a surprise to herself. She craved it again, knowing that she wasn't supposed to. Alas, she righted herself and jumped off, still holding the rein of the stallion just incase he went berserk once again. Right at that moment came a party of the Goryeon soldiers in horses from behind the trees.